PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see that Mechwarrior Video? Living Legends..

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

K007
02-06-08, 04:20 AM
http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/details.php/mechwarrior-living-legends-alpha-video#

First for me...

NaitoSan
02-06-08, 05:09 AM
bah it requires me to log in...

is it mod for crysis?

mcolbourn
02-06-08, 05:27 AM
Yea it looks good. I used to love the old Mechwarrior games 2 and 3 were my fav ones. I think 4 lost the plot a bit imo.

SLippe
02-06-08, 05:57 AM
bah it requires me to log in...

is it mod for crysis?
You can watch it over at gametrailers.com.

Stoneyguy
02-06-08, 06:28 AM
Here (http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/newsletter_archive/Jan08_Newsletter.html) is a link to the newsletter they put out.

Redeemed
02-06-08, 08:59 AM
So will this be a single player game, or purely multiplayer, or both? Also, is Crytek backing it? That'd be awesome if they were- you know, kinda' like Steam backing Portal. :D

agentkay
02-06-08, 11:58 AM
So will this be a single player game, or purely multiplayer, or both? Also, is Crytek backing it? That'd be awesome if they were- you know, kinda' like Steam backing Portal. :D

"Yes" is the answer to all questions as far as I know. They are even one of the few mod teams that have the beta SDK (under NDA of course).

SH64
02-06-08, 03:31 PM
Ah-some! thats like a dream comes true !!! MechWarrior+CryEngine2 graphics !! :eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

actually i'm surprised how few the posts are in this thread , where are all the MW fans :confused:

SH64
02-06-08, 04:13 PM
!!!!!!
I love Mechwarrior!
jYeaaaah!!!!!!!!!!11

just watched the video .. looks interesting! need to see some mechs action now :drooling:

NaitoSan
02-07-08, 03:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUw0XpBMyto

it's at youtube too. wow it looks great!

Stoneyguy
02-08-08, 06:33 PM
I think the lack of interest comes from the fact that this isn't another Mechwarrior game. It's set in the BT universe, but you won't have the mech customization that you would find in a real MW game.

SH64
02-08-08, 07:06 PM
I think the lack of interest comes from the fact that this isn't another Mechwarrior game. It's set in the BT universe, but you won't have the mech customization that you would find in a real MW game.
*Sigh* yeah .. still better than nothing though .. :|

3DBrad
02-08-08, 07:13 PM
Actually, you're wrong about the customizations.

K007
02-08-08, 08:56 PM

Yea pretty much spot on..

Shame MW series died..atleast on the PC...i really enjoyed those games..was alot of fun online.

Redeemed
02-08-08, 09:34 PM
yes!!!!!!

i hope they find a way to have customizations.

Yea pretty much spot on..

Shame MW series died..atleast on the PC...i really enjoyed those games..was alot of fun online.

Actually, you're wrong about the customizations.

Reading... the possibilities are endless. ;) :D :p

SH64
02-08-08, 09:35 PM
Reading... the possibilities are endless. ;) :D :p
He still didnt back up his claim with a proof or link ..

3DBrad
02-08-08, 09:36 PM
He still didnt back up his claim with a proof or link ..

Let's just say I know. ;)

SH64
02-08-08, 09:45 PM
Let's just say I know. ;)
Roger that :cool:

MWLL|Inous
03-10-08, 09:52 PM
Hey gents, I was Trolling around on some forums and stumbled across this thread, so I thought I would poke my head in a say hi and clarify some of the questions being asked in here.

Hope this threads still alive!

First question I wanted to answer is about the customization.

Yes, every mech is going to be fully customizable to their factions. Simply meaning that each mech will only be able to carry its proper weapons from their perspective clan.

If you have anymore questions i would be glad to answer them for ya!

ALSO: Our Catapult is now walking and animated, as you can see in our second video posted on our newest newsletter or on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaxOFt88wjY

Thanks for your comments and take it easy,
Aaron (Inous)
Senior Level Designer
Mechwarrior Living Legends
Inous@mechlivinglegends.net

crainger
03-10-08, 09:57 PM
The threads live now! ::wonder::

My question. When and where can I get the game?! ::D:

The time for Mechwarrior is now!

MWLL|Inous
03-10-08, 10:00 PM
Haha, unfortunately its not out yet, we have alot of work left on our mod, but its coming along very fast. I dont know if you got a chance to see the second video we posted, i edited my first post and put it in there for you guys!

Were shooting for November 2008

crainger
03-10-08, 10:05 PM
Holy Crap! Awesome trailer. I can't wait for November! :D:

MWLL|Inous
03-10-08, 10:08 PM
Thanks! All of us here at MWLL are working hard to give to the community a Mechwarrior game made for the people, by the people. So, keep an eye on our newsletter and be sure to pass the good word around!

Eliminator
03-10-08, 11:01 PM
mechwarrior ftw!!... i rememeber in mechwarrior 2 i used to keep jetting in the air until my PC would run out of RAM and crash..

SH64
03-10-08, 11:06 PM
Thanks! All of us here at MWLL are working hard to give to the community a Mechwarrior game made for the people, by the people. So, keep an eye on our newsletter and be sure to pass the good word around!
Cool stuff thanks for the info & for sharing teaser#2!!

my questions :
- How many mechs will be there ?
- Are we going to see the same simulation/standard settings for the mechs as the original MW1/2/3/4 ? (i.e. same weight , class, primary config , heat management system , equipments like IFF Jammers & JumpJets etc..?) or is it gonna be more simplified & generic which i hope not!
- Will there be SP mode & if yes is the story going to be BT-based ?

i'll shoot more Q's once i have them.

keep us updated , cheers!