PDA

View Full Version : 'Duke Nukem Forever' confirmed for 2008, coming to home consoles

Pages : [1] 2 3

Q
02-06-08, 11:27 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2008/02/04/daily17.html

FastRedPonyCar
02-06-08, 11:32 AM
CAPITAL L

CAPITAL O

CAPITAL L

Destroy
02-06-08, 11:34 AM
If the PC version has one speck of consolitus it will be (lee) as far as I'm concerned.

Runningman
02-06-08, 11:38 AM
if this game does finally come out, what are we going todo for punch lines?

FastRedPonyCar
02-06-08, 11:44 AM

Crack jokes on UT3? :D

SeriTonin
02-06-08, 11:50 AM
They can confirm these nuts. Games been in development for 11 years, I'm not believing any "confirmation". until it's on a store shelf.

And that doesn't mean I'm buying it. Last time I checked, this was was still running on a moddfied unreal 2.5 engine. 3.0 is disappointing enough..

Q
02-06-08, 11:52 AM

I don't know, man.

Honestly, I thought this was going to be a joke thread... but as I posted it, it just didn't seem funny any longer. This whole debacle went from frustration, to anger, to years and years of humor and now... now, it just seems sad.

Maybe once it comes out and lands in the bargain bin it will be funny again.

AMC_Duke
02-06-08, 11:54 AM
They can confirm these nuts. Games been in development for 11 years, I'm not believing any "confirmation". until it's on a store shelf.

And that doesn't mean I'm buying it. Last time I checked, this was was still running on a moddfied unreal 2.5 engine. 3.0 is disappointing enough..

Yeah i dont belive a release this year 2 maybe it gets release end of 2075 but not 2008 (nana2)

jAkUp
02-06-08, 12:24 PM
I think it will be released this year. They released a trailer for the first time in like 10 years, it is pretty obvious that they feel confident at this time enough to release that.

They made mistakes in the past, no denying that, but George seems like he does not want to make them again, I am sure when he says this year that it is really meant.

Thingding
02-06-08, 12:27 PM
god they could've fought world war two nearly twice over in the time it took to make this game.

jAkUp
02-06-08, 12:42 PM

They have modified it enough to call it their own.

Remember, it is not the engine that matters, it is the quality of the artwork and character models.

HL2 is a good example, the engine is ridiculously old, but they keep it fresh looking.

RAY16
02-06-08, 12:43 PM

Seriously. Who cares if the game ends up playing really well? If it doesn't look like Crysis it's obviously not worth anybodies time!

ViN86
02-06-08, 12:54 PM
ill believe it when i see it. even if it does come out, i probably wont buy it.

BioHazZarD
02-06-08, 01:10 PM
I believe it the day game goes gold.. until then nothing has changed.

Noriega
02-06-08, 01:20 PM
I bet they will not finish it befere nextgens arrive

sammy sung
02-06-08, 01:52 PM
They have modified it enough to call it their own.

Remember, it is not the engine that matters, it is the quality of the artwork and character models.

HL2 is a good example, the engine is ridiculously old, but they keep it fresh looking.

Idd,i think Bioware used the UE3 a LOT better with Mass effect than Epic did themselves with UT3.

MaXThReAT
02-06-08, 03:09 PM
Looks like DNF can be used as a punchline a bit longer.

3D Realms Disputes 'Confirmed' Reports of Duke Nukem Forever on PC and Consoles This Year. A release date and platforms for Duke Nukem Forever were not confirmed in its interview with the Dallas Business Journal. A more detailed response is expected later today.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51163

SeriTonin
02-06-08, 03:19 PM
Idd,i think Bioware used the UE3 a LOT better with Mass effect than Epic did themselves with UT3.

Well, that's not saying much, I mean I saw better, more impressive visuals out of every game using the ue3.0 engine, than UT3 - even stranglehold!! No joke.

Yaboze
02-06-08, 03:51 PM
I won't believe it until I see it on the shelf. Not even a gold announcement is going to change my mind. Knowing 3DR, they'll announce it went Gold then someone's dog at 3DR will munch on the CD and they'll have to start over. :headexplode:

Thingding
02-06-08, 03:54 PM
Looks like DNF can be used as a punchline a bit longer.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51163

Hooray! Balance is restored to the universe!

JigenD
02-06-08, 04:50 PM
Yea, I won't believe it until I see some gameplay footage and reviewers start getting their hands on it, or a demo comes out.

Because they've been FURTHER ALONG than this in the past. There were 2 FULL trailers before, now we only got one ****ty teaser.

tornadog
02-06-08, 05:28 PM
is Duke's son a playable character now? He should be old enough to wield the chaingun...

SeriTonin
02-06-08, 06:04 PM
I think it will be released this year. They released a trailer for the first time in like 10 years, it is pretty obvious that they feel confident at this time enough to release that.

They made mistakes in the past, no denying that, but George seems like he does not want to make them again, I am sure when he says this year that it is really meant.

You're too optimistic regarding a game and developer that has been in progress for over a decade.

Honestly, I see absolutely ZERO point in this game still being made, I don't care if you wh0re this game out to ds, psp, gba, cell phones - it still won't break even. There's no way you can go through as many engines and development cycles as they have, pay a team as long as they have, and actually be profitable or even break even in sales. No way.

Bearclaw
02-06-08, 06:59 PM

QFT. I won't believe anything until this is actually out. :headexplode:

SH64
02-06-08, 07:08 PM
/Bearclaws DNF.