PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Announced

nekrosoft13
02-06-08, 04:54 PM
Ubisoft just got done confirming that the upcoming PC release of Assassin's Creed will be somewhat of a Director's Cut, with four new types of investigations over the console versions released towards the end of last year. The game is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history. Assassin's Creed for PC will hit the store shelves on March 28th.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=24902

SH64
02-06-08, 05:15 PM
Hmm now that would explain the 3GB RAM recommendation! :thinker:

LycosV
02-06-08, 05:33 PM
I can already see the four new types of investigations:
1. Pick pocket with your left hand
2. Save the male citizen
3. Beat information out of a guard
4. Eavesdrop from a group of monks

The new possibilities will be endless! :rolleyes:

Destroy
02-06-08, 06:08 PM
This game better be done RIGHT for PC.

nutcrackr
02-06-08, 06:46 PM
Noobisoft port so well to PC :rolleyes:

SH64
02-06-08, 06:58 PM
Noobisoft port so well to PC :rolleyes:
You should have some faith on Jade :wonder:

hirantha
02-06-08, 07:20 PM
this is the kind of game we should not buy before reading a few reviews.. you cant trust just a single review these days.

nekrosoft13
02-06-08, 07:21 PM
this is the kind of game we should not buy before reading a few reviews.. you cant trust just a single review these days.

this game should be free to everyone that purchased Double Agent.

Feyy
02-06-08, 07:55 PM

(drunk) ohh yeshh

JigenD
02-06-08, 08:41 PM
Hmm now that would explain the 3GB RAM recommendation! :thinker:

Yes, in one of the new investigations you'll be ripping apart an individual, and they've carefully rendered each internal organ and have real flowing blood using advanced liquid physics.

I have the 360 version, and is it really just '4 new investigations' as they say? Investigations is one of the many 'minigame' elements, but it always seemed non-interactive basically.

Oh well I guess we'll see.

NarcissistZero
02-06-08, 08:45 PM

Dude... seriously. Double Agent on PC was like a kick to the balls.

Anyway, Assassin's Creed is both an amazing game and an amazingly boring game. I bought it for my 360 and had some fun with it, but you have to fly through the game... linger too long and you'll get bored as hell.

I'm somewhat interested in what the new mission types are, but I really, really, really doubt I would buy this again for PC. The core game is iffy and I do not trust Ubisoft at ALL when it comes to PC ports.

Destroy
02-06-08, 08:51 PM
Just wait for AC2 when they truly get the game done right.

crainger
02-06-08, 11:05 PM

I agree. Only PC game I've ever returned. ::(:

hirantha
02-06-08, 11:12 PM

agree nekro, but UBI forgot that they even released a game called Double Agent...anything from UBI we should take with a grain of salt.

evox
02-07-08, 12:19 AM
wonder why they haven't renamed it to Jade Raymond's Assassin's Creed:p