PDA

View Full Version : Head Phones gaming

bkswaney
04-24-03, 10:45 PM
Do any of u guys use head phones with your PC?

If so how do u hook them up for gaming?
Where do u plug them in?
Also what is a good set?

netviper13
04-24-03, 11:15 PM
I sometimes game with headphones. My Hercules Game Theater XP has a specific headphone port, so I plug them in there. The headphones themselves are some Koss model, but I wouldn't recommend them. If you're looking for some good quality headphones you should check out Sennheiser.

bkswaney
04-25-03, 01:03 AM
I have an Audigy MP3+ soundcard.
Heck I'm not sure if it has a HJ or not.
I've never looked. :)

omghi2u
04-25-03, 06:07 AM
I got a pretty low priced sennheiser with cup ears that has pretty good bass and treble. Got it for $20. Plug it in the speakers port but you can also plug it into the line out if you wanted to. Sometimes I prefer headphones over speakers.

beerglass
04-26-03, 08:43 PM
mmm.... Sennheiser... I got one of those, I paid $90 for EH2270 model, they are awesome for gaming and for music. I use it for gaming a lot to play games where it's important to hear sounds, like Vietcong or Splinter Cell

StealthHawk
04-26-03, 09:14 PM
Sennheiser HD580's here. I plug them into the headphone port on my Logitech Z-560 speakers.

Use them at night, otherwise neighbors always complain about the bass. I also use them when I play Counter-Strike for real, so I can hear sounds easier and where they come from.

The Baron
04-26-03, 09:46 PM
Sennheiser HD570.

Smokey
04-27-03, 07:31 AM
Sennheiser HD212 Pros (because im on the poorer end of the scale, but these things rock. I dont use speakers much, too much noise for the wife, but I honestly prefer my headphones for gaming.

Phyre
04-27-03, 08:14 AM
I picked up a pair of the Plantronics .Audio 90 headphones. I like the larger ear pieces they have. Also, if you are going to have speakers and headphones, I'd suggest picking up a Y adapter. That way you're not having to unplug the speakers, plug in the headphones, unplug the headphones, etc.

Phyre

SnakeEyes
04-28-03, 10:57 AM
This is giving me an itch. :p

I use the DD5.1 encoding option with my nForce2 audio for UT2003, and also have just the mic plug from my Microsoft GameVoice connected, so that I can use ventrilo for voice chat (just another voice comm program, similar in functionality to Roger Wilco and the rest). But many people have told me that they switch to using the headset when using the voice comm software.

Anyone with an nForce2 setup like this that switches to headphones occasionally here? If so, do you know if it's as easy as changing the speaker settings in the nForce audio panel, without requiring a reboot to take effect?

GlowStick
04-28-03, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Sennheiser HD580's here. I plug them into the headphone port on my Logitech Z-560 speakers.

Use them at night, otherwise neighbors always complain about the bass. I also use them when I play Counter-Strike for real, so I can hear sounds easier and where they come from.

I have one question, what sound mode do u enable to hear the sounds??? like do you just need stero, or some more elaborate sound mode?

The Baron
04-28-03, 03:59 PM
Stereo. Headphones just sound that much better than your average speakers for the price. E.g., a pair of $1000 a pair speakers will sound about as good as my $200 headphones. :D

StealthHawk
04-28-03, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Stereo. Headphones just sound that much better than your average speakers for the price. E.g., a pair of $1000 a pair speakers will sound about as good as my $200 headphones. :D

my $100 headphones sound better than you $200 headphones :D

The Baron
04-28-03, 04:36 PM
Meh, I don't know how much these HD570s cost ;) They're $200 retail, IIRC, and my bro bought them at Circuit City.

Rogozhin
04-29-03, 12:52 PM
Grado SR-80s

running line out to integrated amp with built in headphone amp-sounds amazing.

Rogo

Machine_1969
05-04-03, 11:05 PM
I use headphones with my PC late at night/early morning when listening to music or playing games.

I have a Soundblaster Live Platinum, with a Livedrive on the front of the PC. This has a headphone socket into which I use a pair of Sony corless headphones.