PDA

View Full Version : Is there a default monitor device in vista?

tomb18
02-07-08, 03:34 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a default monitor listed in Vista in the color management options?

If you right click on your desktop, select advanced, monitor, then the color managment tab, does a monitor show up in devices?

I recently upgradedf to the latest vista drivers and my color management no longer works. During the upgrade it set my monitor to generic non plug and play and now nothing works.

Can you please tell me if you have one?

Thanks!

tomb18
02-07-08, 05:48 PM
Come on, it's only gonna take 10 seconds for you to try. Someone???

FlyingHorse
02-08-08, 11:45 AM
During the upgrade it set my monitor to generic non plug and play and now nothing works.

I do not believe you will find any color profiles specifically for generic devices. If you need to use something I would suggest the sRGB IEC61966 color profile as it is a generic color profile in its own right. The best solution however would be to get the proper drivers for your monitor as they will usually include the necessary color profiles. Your last and best choice would be to calibrate your monitor and create your own profile.

Oh, and yes there is a default monitor listed in color management. In fact on my system I can see both my Viewsonic LCD as well as my TV and am able to have seperage color profiles for both.

HTH