PDA

View Full Version : Swap from 7300 to 8800 GTS

Intel-Inside
02-08-08, 03:01 AM
Ok i got my 8800 GTS Coming today and i was woundering about the drivers, when i downgraded from my 8800 GT to my 7300 temporarily vista complained and removed the nivid adrivers when the nvidia drivers installed supports that card and any card upwards etc..

Now i want to upgrade up to a new 8800 GTS i purchased from the 7300 currently in there without any issues.

Do i need to just remove the drivers, reboot, resolution should go horrible etc..

then install the latest drivers once card has installed and cancel all those dialogue / installation vista complains about the vista installing drivers for you.

stncttr908
02-08-08, 07:44 AM
I used to use a program called Driver Cleaner whenever I uninstalled drivers, but it is no longer freeware. Since you're going from an NVIDIA card to another NVIDIA you should be fine by doing a typical uninstall, remove old/install new card, install drivers.

Blacklash
02-08-08, 04:40 PM
I always remove my drivers in safe mode then install new ones after I reboot, even when just upgrading them on the same card.

Lenin
02-08-08, 04:41 PM
I used to use a program called Driver Cleaner whenever I uninstalled drivers, but it is no longer freeware.
There's still the old DriverCleaner Pro 1.5 which is free, but which is no longer updated. It still gets the job done though.
http://rapidshare.com/files/90259871/DriverCleanerPro15Setup.exe.html

It's sad that the creator of the program, as soon as it became popular, decided to milk its users for all it's worth :thumbdwn:

stncttr908
02-09-08, 12:36 PM
There's still the old DriverCleaner Pro 1.5 which is free, but which is no longer updated. It still gets the job done though.
http://rapidshare.com/files/90259871/DriverCleanerPro15Setup.exe.html

It's sad that the creator of the program, as soon as it became popular, decided to milk its users for all it's worth :thumbdwn:
Didn't know the old version still worked. Thanks!