PDA

View Full Version : Mark Rein interview

Pages : [1] 2

sammy sung
02-08-08, 11:41 PM
I'm a real fan of the PC, but yes, consoles are definitely stealing a lot of hardcore gamers from the PC. When Call of Duty 4 came out, I heard some of our guys sitting around talking about the great game they'd had last night and I'm like, 'Hey guys, what server are you playing on? I'd love to come and join you,' and they said, 'Just send us a friends request,' It was at that point I realized they were all playing it on console. Plus, the sales of the console versions are something like ten times the sales of the PC versions.

:retard:

Read the whole interwiew here :

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2008/01/30/the_mark_rein_interview.html

LORD-eX-Bu
02-08-08, 11:44 PM
didn't PC titles make up 14%(don't know if that includes online sales and digital distribution) of the revanue in the gaming industry last year?

wonder where he got the... "consoles sell 10x more" figure from. What do you expect, there are multiple platforms :retard:

show me one console game that has made more money or is more popular than WoW :lol:

nekrosoft13
02-08-08, 11:48 PM
14%, yes, in retail stores only, no online, no MMO, no online distribution counted.

people really need to stop posting this ****

LORD-eX-Bu
02-08-08, 11:50 PM
Mark Rein is just upset that pc gamers didn't eat up the **** he tried to pass off as a good game called UT3.

Noriega
02-08-08, 11:57 PM
He must be joking console gaming scene is DEAD every hardcore gamer play CoD4 on PC. My friend sold his Xbox 360, he was in CoD4 clan and he said that it suck. He is now building new rig and starting playing CoD4 on PC because in my country there is BIG CoD scene a lot of lan partys a lot of gamers. Sorry but CoD4 multi on PC is for me better. More players on servers, a lot of ladders, a lot of lan partys.

Console games selling better but where are those hardcore gamers on Live? sorry I didin't seen them less people bought CoD4 on PC but theres more players online.

He is bit*h boy do waht other do lets buy console don't think what you prefer just do what others do. Epic is retired they want do casual games on consoles and get cash.

sammy sung
02-08-08, 11:57 PM
14%, yes, in retail stores only, no online, no MMO, no online distribution counted.

people really need to stop posting this ****

Im not making that statement,Mark Rein is,he is full of **** as usual but some people actually belive what he's talking about.

nekrosoft13
02-09-08, 12:47 AM
to bad the dollar is not very mighty now

SH64
02-09-08, 12:49 AM
Oh no! Not the whole "Console games sell better than PC games" sh!t allover again :headexplode:

Jonelo
02-09-08, 02:58 AM
And in your country samy sung , consoles sells 10 times more than the PC;) ? .

LordJuanlo
02-09-08, 03:51 AM
Not another thread please, this discussion was funny the first 100 times, but not anymore

Airbrushkid
02-09-08, 05:25 AM
There are 3 different consoles. So that means they have to make 3 different verisons of one game. But with pc theres only one. It takes 3 consoles to take 1 pc. hmmm I'll stay with pc.

sammy sung
02-09-08, 07:00 AM
And in your country samy sung , consoles sells 10 times more than the PC;) ? .

Jonelo do you think that I said this ? Am i somehow Mark Rein now ? Its a link to a interview for crying out loud and a qoute where HE is saying that,not me.I do not agree with that he said,hence the retard smiley as i think he is one.Just go away Jonelo,you are wanted in the screenshot section,they have some 4 billion stalker screens they need posted and some shots of the groundtextures from crysis,get at it :retard:

Jonelo
02-09-08, 07:15 AM
You have not answered to me.

Just go away Jonelo,you are wanted in the screenshot section,they have some 4 billion stalker screens they need posted and some shots of the groundtextures from crysis,get at it

I understand that it does not have anything important to say or it does not want to answer.

But I repeat to you .In your country , consoles sells 10 times more than the PC ? Or you not live in Sweden - Europe - ?

sammy sung
02-09-08, 07:22 AM
You have not answered to me.

I understand that it does not have anything important to say or it does not want to answer.

But I repeat to you .In your country , consoles sells 10 times more than the PC ? Or you not live in Sweden - Europe - ?

Why do you even ask that question ? I told you that i dont agree with what he said,that i think he is a retard and that HE made that claim not me.Dont make this thread into something it wasnt intended to be,it was intended to show that Mark Rein is a moron who would sell his mother if someone paid enough.If you want to have a PC vs Consoles thread there's other threads you can post in,i will not participate.

Fuku2
02-09-08, 12:56 PM
What is an "interwiew"?

:p

evox
02-09-08, 01:55 PM
An Interview of Mark Rein.

Nuff' Said.

sammy sung
02-09-08, 06:20 PM
What is an "interwiew"?

A typo

SH64
02-09-08, 06:22 PM
What is an "interwiew"?

For Rein its Interwiew , for all others its Interview :D

Noriega
02-09-08, 10:30 PM
http://www.bit-tech.net/columns/2008/02/02/the_sky_is_falling/

READ THIS PLEASE! It's not another stupid "oh no PC dies go buy console" it's really good article showing some sort of things.

Eliminator
02-09-08, 11:16 PM
well what does he expect... UT3 was the biggest let down of the year... so is unreal engine 3

3DBrad
02-10-08, 12:36 AM
well what does he expect... UT3 was the biggest let down of the year... so is unreal engine 3

I wouldn't say that. It took PC games a while to catch up to Gears of War on the 360, as Unreal Engine 3 is a phenomenal engine, but now in 2008, it's simply good, but nothing extraordinary, however, Epic has been at work on Unreal Engine 4 since 2005.
:)

DoubleDeuce
02-10-08, 12:43 AM

Agreed, all the hype did not equate. Bad graphics and bad gameplay to boot!

Ayepecks
02-10-08, 01:40 AM
An Interview of Mark Rein.

Nuff' Said.
Yeah, I know man... it's not like he knows what he's talking about when it comes to gaming as a business! What the heck do these company executives think they know? Obviously we as the consumers know more about the business aspect than some suits!

3DBrad
02-10-08, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I know man... it's not like he knows what he's talking about when it comes to gaming as a business! What the heck do these company executives think they know? Obviously we as the consumers know more about the business aspect than some suits!

Well, he and his friends did turn a garage-business into a multi-million dollar company, that now purchases other companies.

NarcissistZero
02-10-08, 04:01 AM
Console versions sell more because gaming is getting more and more mainstream and consoles sell better with casual consumers. It's sort of a "no duh" thing.

It doesn't mean PC gaming is dying... we still get ports of almost every worthwhile release, and several good exclusives a year, and I don't think that would be the case if it weren't for PC gaming being a lucrative market.