PDA

View Full Version : Need help with DFI P35 Build

ViN86
02-10-08, 07:58 AM
so i got all my parts, but i am having problems getting the damn mobo to post.

what happens is i turn on the motherboard, then after about 5 sec, the mobo powers down, then 5 seconds later it boots again, and powers down again 5 seconds later.

i think i got an older revision of the board, so i do not have the updated BIOS for Wolfdale CPU's. however, i cannot post to update the BIOS. i am stuck and really frustrated. what can i do?

mullet
02-10-08, 09:11 AM
Damn, the only thing I can think of is taking the battery out for an hour and try again with the minimal hardware (2GB or ram)hooked up. I did some reading and your MB should have support out of the box. Do you know of a friend near that has any other C2D cpu you can pop in and update the bios ?

fasedww
02-10-08, 09:51 AM
Damn, the only thing I can think of is taking the battery out for an hour and try again with the minimal hardware (2GB or ram)hooked up. I did some reading and your MB should have support out of the box. Do you know of a friend near that has any other C2D cpu you can pop in and update the bios ?
This is a good idea? thats what they probally will tell you at dfi forums, you should post there also.

ViN86
02-10-08, 07:50 PM
well, i got it solved.

after about 8 hours of scratching my head and trying different things lol.

i managed to get my hands on a P4 LGA775 from my mom's emachines computer. that allowed me to post and run an MS-DOS bootdisk, and then update the BIOS. then i installed my E8400 and voila, it works. :D

fasedww
02-10-08, 07:52 PM
well, i got it solved.

after about 8 hours of scratching my head and trying different things lol.

i managed to get my hands on a P4 LGA775 from my mom's emachines computer. that allowed me to post and run an MS-DOS bootdisk, and then update the BIOS. then i installed my E8400 and voila, it works. :D
Great now for the fun stuff overclock that baby?:D

ViN86
02-10-08, 07:53 PM
Great now for the fun stuff overclock that baby?:D
yep, got vista installed now all i have to do is get my programs installed, then i will try to hit 4GHz :D

fasedww
02-10-08, 08:08 PM
yep, got vista installed now all i have to do is get my programs installed, then i will try to hit 4GHz :D
No Problem':D

ViN86
02-10-08, 09:00 PM
quick question...

i never cleared my BIOS after i updated it. i should probably do this, right? sometimes, my BIOS acts funny when i am in it and it freezes and stuff. but when it boots up to windows it acts perfectly fine.

think i just need to clear it?

mullet
02-11-08, 11:50 AM
I am glad you got it going VIN. The rule of thumb is to clear or reset the bios to defaults before updating to a newer version. I don't think you have to reset it because you were never able to get into bios until you popped in a P4 cpu to update the bios, you can always reset it to defaults if you want shouldn't hurt anything. BTW whats your PSU?

ViN86
02-11-08, 03:22 PM
I am glad you got it going VIN. The rule of thumb is to clear or reset the bios to defaults before updating to a newer version. I don't think you have to reset it because you were never able to get into bios until you popped in a P4 cpu to update the bios, you can always reset it to defaults if you want shouldn't hurt anything. BTW whats your PSU?
still running my Antec TPII 550W. i cleared the BIOS anyways. it's runnin pretty good. ill post a log of the work i did to get the damn thing going. it's pretty funny since the process took about 10-12 hours :rofl

damn boards dont have an updated BIOS out of the box LOL.