PDA

View Full Version : Flawless Fan Control!

Intel-Inside
02-10-08, 09:23 AM
I need a program for vista that can set my GPU Fan speed from 29% to 60% when i first turn my pc on.

60% on this 8800 GTS is dead silent and it reduces the heat by alot! the heat dramaticly decreases on idle and load because its pushing more hot air out.

I tried the new nTune 6.0, but when i set a profile to run at startup, my case fans squeel i think it sets my case fans wrong when in the profile it says 100% case fan speed which i run them at.

Rivatuner is blocked at startup so thats no good and i want vista fully functional, no uac stopped etc. i like my vista how it is.

Any ideas? i don't know how i can get ntune 6.0 beta to work properly, i have a nforce 680i sli motherboard so it should be all good.

I tried reinstalling ntune 6.0 by removing the profile, saved data from the uninstall wizard then reinstall ntune 6.0.

I don't know wether i should install ntune 6.0, agree the license then leave it installed, let it capture my information from my motherboard, maybe do a reboot first so it can load all the information into the ntune service?

Thanks,
Matt

jeffmd
02-10-08, 09:51 AM
my bios allows me to set my fan speed (even though I set it at %100. its a 120mm silent nexus fan).

Intel-Inside
02-10-08, 10:37 AM
Is the fan called AUX? because that says 0rpm its running there must be a problem :thumbdwn:

andy_nv
02-10-08, 11:07 AM
Guess you'll need to edit the video bios for 60% if RivaTuner isn't an option.

Intel-Inside
02-10-08, 11:12 AM
I had a look at a program to read the bios but it said it was on automatic and when the heat reaches 70c it goes to 100% and when goes below 60c it slows down abit but it doesnt do that?

Any bios editors that could be more reliable to hit the fan at 60%?

XDanger
02-10-08, 01:12 PM
i want vista fully functional, no uac stopped etc. i like my vista how it is.
Whatever floats your boat dude

Blacklash
02-11-08, 04:33 PM
You might find this useful-

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1260590

You can edit your card BIOS so the fan will behave anyway you wish. If your card is an older 8800 GTS 320 or 640Mb card ignore the link.

Monolyth
02-12-08, 06:49 AM
I use Rivatuner on Vista x64, and didn't have to do anything for it to work at startup. I would make sure it is being launched with administrator privileges.

I had nothing but problems with nTune installed, after I removed it O/C went smoothly and I can adjust fan settings/over-clock w/Rivatuner.