PDA

View Full Version : HL Episode 3

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Bigman
02-10-08, 11:02 PM
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/valvestillfiguringoutepisode3.shtml

I got an Idea, why don't they have Gorden go back to Black Messa and find more things for the story like research docs for the scientist or have it where he time portals to messa and has to reverse things back to the old wyas and close the chapter.

Their is so many possibilities but where to start.

Going back to Black messa would be the logiical thing to do to close this story and we can see what black messa would look like under the new engine even if its ****ed up from HL1, i would be nice to see.

Lets help them out: See if you guys have any ideas.

v3rninater
02-10-08, 11:08 PM
This is real crappy if they are just NOW starting to think of ideas for HL EP3. We won't see this until 2011, by then what will be different?

The Saga continues...

Lyme
02-10-08, 11:11 PM
Valve uses a Cabal methodology for producing games and storyline. As such not everything is worked out before hand, and it gives them the flexibility to review the work and fix things that simply suck.

Back when Valve was working on ep1, they had designed a significant amount of content based upon the ship Aurora. But at the time they ran it through their cabal and decided it sucked, and re-worked it to the city 17 plot.

Rakeesh
02-10-08, 11:34 PM
LOL so much for the "faster" episodic content.

3DBrad
02-10-08, 11:38 PM
Where's Source Engine 2?
:D

|MaguS|
02-11-08, 12:32 AM
Cant go back to Black Mesa... it was nuked...

Mr Bigman
02-11-08, 12:37 AM
**** i forgot damn.

That blows that idea. This is tough, they could do a city 17 run through again but that got blown up in HL2 E1.

Got any ideas guys?

bob saget
02-11-08, 12:55 AM
i just cant get over how they brough aperture science into the mix in episode2. I know thats the company that made the "portal gun". So i am guessing it is their "portal" technology which is what the citadel "was" the basis for. Loving every single HL2 game. :D

nekrosoft13
02-11-08, 06:24 AM
in EP3 Gordon will go to that ship, get that portal gun. Thats pretty much a given.

trivium nate
02-11-08, 07:31 AM
in EP3 Gordon will go to that ship, get that portal gun. Thats pretty much a given.

good theory

EciDemon
02-11-08, 09:28 AM
I never did get those episodes for PC after reading reviews on ep1.

I did pickup the orange box for 360 not that long ago, and played thro in sequence, Hl2 is longer then I remember it to be on pc. Good example of how games should be, long :)
Developers should follow this example.

Ep1 very short, but I knew this, my impression was still.. "Dang ... it _is_ short" after finishing it.

Ep2. ... "Baaah!! this is just as short!" after finishing it ... All this wait for this little content ... bleh..

NaitoSan
02-11-08, 09:52 AM
yeah that's what i'm thinking. man, i can't wait for ep3. ep2 was awesome.

Redeemed
02-11-08, 10:57 AM
Ship, what ship? Sorry for the n00b question. :o

nekrosoft13
02-11-08, 11:03 AM
didn't see the ending of ep2?

note: not space ship

Redeemed
02-11-08, 11:08 AM
didn't see the ending of ep2?

note: not space ship
I did, I'm just drawing a blank. I know "he" dies (don't want to spoil it for those that haven't played it through)... and isn't that it? I don't recall any mention of a ship.

3DBrad
02-11-08, 11:45 AM
Yeah, we don't won't to spoil the ending, about the guy with one leg that dies.

:wonder:

Redeemed
02-11-08, 11:52 AM
Yeah, we don't won't to spoil the ending, about the guy with one leg that dies.

:wonder:
:p

Okay, so what about the ship? Was that mentioned afterwards? Or before his death?

Riptide
02-11-08, 11:54 AM
Yeah, we don't won't to spoil the ending, about the guy with one leg that dies.Blackbeard is in this game? :p

What happened to the parrot?

nekrosoft13
02-11-08, 12:00 PM
:p

Okay, so what about the ship? Was that mentioned afterwards? Or before his death?
before the 3 legged spider attacked

Redeemed
02-11-08, 12:26 PM
before the 3 legged spider attacked
Hmm... Guess I'm gonna' have to just fire the game up again. You've really got me curious about this "ship".

poullos
02-11-08, 12:51 PM
At the lab, Eli talking with the other scientist about it and zooming the ship. ;)

Bearclaw
02-11-08, 12:55 PM
This is real crappy if they are just NOW starting to think of ideas for HL EP3. We won't see this until 2011, by then what will be different?

The Saga continues...
QFT. I gave up on it a long time ago. I haven't even touched the game for years now.

Armed_Baboon
02-11-08, 05:19 PM
My idea for the ep3 plot:

Gordon realises that he's a tired, old video game concept and retires to working the front bar at a lesbian strip club. Alyx gets into trouble with bad debts and a heroin(e) addiction, so she comes to Gordon pleading for him to ask the boss of the strip club if he can get her a job. Alyx starts work as a stripper but none of the clients like her, because although she had an amazing face 5 years ago now she's really ugly compared to all the Korean girls from Crysis and the Russian girls that came from COD4. Infact even Master Cheif's wife from Halo 3 looks alot better than her now.

Eventually Gordon convinces Valve that they've sucked every last ounce of life out of him and the gang and eventually they leave him in peace.

The end.

WCG
02-11-08, 05:30 PM
Actually, my mole tells me that, Gordon flies to the ship, but just as he gets there, the helicopter crashes, he lands on an opposite side of some big obstacle and there's 5-8hrs of game play of you repeatably getting close to the ship, then more obstacles appear to stop you, it ends with a giant fight, where Gordon rides ecco the dolphin, battling jaws for a golden ticket to Hollywood.

bacon12
02-11-08, 05:58 PM
Where does lost coast fit in? I have yet to finish ep 2 but I haven't installed lost coast yet.