PDA

View Full Version : Druids: the end game

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

thor1182
02-11-08, 12:41 PM
Here is a thread to druids, so we don't hijack other threads and stuff with our uberness.

a clip from my guild forums about fake 2.4 notes:

Druid
- New Form: Onomatopoeia Form. Causes the Druid to appear as large, floating words that represent sounds (such as "BAM!" or "RAWR!")

Now this, I'd love to see. Hurry, someone spec Onomatopoeiakin!!!

Bovis will just level another druid for that one. :neutral:

damn

why this is funny:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=bovisabeo
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=lunaignis
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=quercus

Rakeesh
02-11-08, 05:58 PM
I don't care what anybody says about druids, they pwn. Just like me, druids have an answer for everything :D

OldOfEvil
02-12-08, 01:10 PM
This is really all there is to say about Druids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHdSlYiy-E

Rakeesh
02-12-08, 03:10 PM
This is really all there is to say about Druids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHdSlYiy-E

ROFL so true :D

I haven't gotten mangle yet though. I postponed it in favor of getting furor and nature's grasp first. Which BTW, both of which make it EASY to trash a rogue even if he gets the drop on you and starts with several of out of the ordinary buffs (pots, scrolls, what have you.)

Rogue thinks he's all clever with all of his little stuns blinds and saps, but once that grasp of thorns procs (and it will quickly do so due to how often his melee attacks must be) he gets a taste of his own medicine, followed by a royal pummeling which he is helpless to stop for a full 20 seconds.

Works great on warriors too. Specially when they try to charge you right after it ends, only for you to insta-shift to bear and charge them instead.

Also I had my first feral druid vs feral druid battle in world pvp yesterday. Man did that take a long time. I thought killing a pally took a long time, but this was like a 3 minute battle. The other druid actually started the battle, and I had no mana. I won anyways and later found her and just waved to her. She waved back and apologized. If she had been some class other than a druid I would have just killed her again :D I respect all druids :D

OldOfEvil
02-12-08, 03:24 PM
In one AB game I saw a two rogues go at a Druid and eventually just give up, vanish and move onto something they could actually damage. Bear Form druids ftw.

Rakeesh
02-12-08, 03:27 PM
Oh hell yeah. If you look at the math, with all the talents, bear form effectively makes leather armor better than plate armor. Then on top of that you can heal yourself well and debuff their attack power.

OldOfEvil
02-12-08, 03:27 PM
I thought killing a pally took a long time, but this was like a 3 minute battle.

Two Holy Paladins in a duel is crazy.

I once watched a Resto Shamy and Holy Paly go at it for a solid 12 minutes.

Rakeesh
02-12-08, 03:29 PM
That and when two stealthers engage in a duel. They just walk around trying to find each other for 5 minutes before the battle even starts :D

OldOfEvil
02-12-08, 03:29 PM
Oh hell yeah. If you look at the math, with all the talents, bear form effectively makes leather armor better than plate armor. Then on top of that you can heal yourself well and debuff their attack power.

I've seen bears with 32k armor.. I don't think a Prot war could get close to that with 2 shields! Madness I tell ya.

OldOfEvil
02-12-08, 03:31 PM
That and when two stealthers engage in a duel. They just walk around trying to find each other for 5 minutes before the battle even starts :D

:rofl

Totally true.

Rakeesh
02-12-08, 03:32 PM
I've seen bears with 32k armor.. I don't think a Prot war could get close to that with 2 shields! Madness I tell ya.

Damn thats a lot. Best I thought it would hit was 20k armor. But I am unfamiliar with all of the different gear and what kind of improvements/chants you can add to them.

Rakeesh
02-12-08, 03:35 PM
BTW speak of bear armor, something funny you can do with it:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4311060113&sid=1

Specifically post #4 :D

Tauren bear is so massive that it covers that coin NPC entirely. The allies would keep trying to click on it and attack me on accident, maybe taking off 20-80hp, so the guards wipe them out :D

thor1182
02-12-08, 03:39 PM

I have close to 33k if not 33k armor in tank gear on my feral

Dvahlish
02-12-08, 03:42 PM
DRUIDS ARE TEH LEET PWMAGE!!
Nah....well yeh.....I have one, shes a baby only lvl 15, i have been too busy getting my rogue to 70, but now Ill start on my druid...
Its just....she doesnt have a mount and after having an epic and flying mount....it feels kinda lame running everywhere.

But yeh....druids are def very cool :)
I want mine just for healing as our guild is short of healers atm.

Ninjaman09
02-12-08, 04:18 PM
I've been pvping with my newly-70 resto druid and it is the most fun class to heal with by far. Pretty fun in arenas too. I do miss feral for soloing though, it's painful grinding as resto. :p

vampireuk
02-12-08, 04:21 PM
Hell even with the sheer amount of armor you can get in bear form I'd still take a warrior as a MT :p

thor1182
02-12-08, 04:35 PM
there are several encounters where a pally or a war is better.

Any encounter where you get penalized for having dodge *cough*ZA*cough*, a druid is a bad idea. Druids also lack any real way to get resist tank sets.

we are the best OT, and I am fine with that.

OldOfEvil
02-12-08, 05:59 PM
I have close to 33k if not 33k armor in tank gear on my feral

Nerf!

Whats your damage resist with that much armor?

thor1182
02-13-08, 08:13 AM
its like 75% or so I think... have to log on and log out in tank gear to see.

thor1182
02-13-08, 08:26 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=bovisabeo

with GotW buff
33211 armor
40% dodge
~16k health
1950 AP
uncritable via def + res (because I was never going to get ride of my heavy clefthoof chest otherwise)

Rakeesh
02-17-08, 04:21 AM
One of the nicer things about moonfire, is that when your target gets bombed, he often has no idea where the f*ck it came from. And in some cases he may never know:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=30283&stc=1&d=1203243651

A senior druid taught me how to properly annoy (and in many cases instantly kill) unsuspecting allies sight unseen :D

K007
02-17-08, 04:49 AM
Druids are so op in 2v2/3v3 ><

Dvahlish
02-17-08, 06:36 PM
Druids are so op in 2v2/3v3 ><
I have to say...I do think druids are OP.
I play one, they are fun....but they are OP :)

They do however make a lovely tank and a damn good healer.

Rakeesh
02-18-08, 02:18 AM
Today I did something out of the ordinary in world PVP with my 55 druid. First I solo killed a 60 human warrior not once, but 3 times. I then solo killed a 60 dwarf hunter.

I found the warrior attacking a level 45 mob, and she had basically all of her health so its not as if I just waited for her to be low to attack. Her rage bar was also basically full, so she had an advantage there. I hit her from pounce and did a rake, claw, FFF, rip, then backed off and moonfire. She did the warrior charge thing on me so I shifted to travel form and gained some distance, then threw down rejuvinate and moonfired again followed by travel and more running. After she realized how badly my dots were killing her (and how quickly my health was recovering) combined with the fact that she had no hope of catching me like that, she started to run, at this point down to something less than 20% health, so I chased after and threw two moonfires on her and she died.

The second encounter, she got the drop on me as I was fighting some mobs, so I basically did the same thing sans the pounce, with a few more claws, and added a shift to bear followed by bash and rejuvinate when my health was about halfway down. She tried to run again and I did the same travel/moonfire stunt to finish her off.

Third encounter was basically like the first: I just kited her to death.

She finally killed me by calling in what I am guessing was a level 70 (skull to me) to help her out. Pathetic.

The 60 hunter was funny. He thought he would go camp the exit to the horde camp in hinterlands (allies like to do this often just to kill lowbies so they can't get out,) and got killed a few times by a 64 shadow priest who was killing turtles in the area.

Just as he started to leave with that embarrassment, he went up that ramp on the bluff that allows you to go to the main hinterlands area. I was sitting there in stealth and dropped him off of his mount with a pounce, and basically did the same thing to him that I did to the warrior (dot him to death.) Whats even more funny is I did this while some mobs started to agro on me. BTW, I think he did use stoneform to get rid of the rip I threw on him, but it didn't do anything to my moonfire which took off the last bit of his health.

A key advantage I have in these fights as feral druid, is that each time I attack I jump through them so their next attack can't land right away. They have to turn around in order to do anything. If this was indoors, I would probably have been killed each time though, not to mention my grasp of thorns doesn't work indoors either. For this reason I probably won't do that well in the arenas where people here tend to indicate that feral druids are weak.

Dvahlish
02-18-08, 03:40 PM
And again OP!!! :)
Im not kidding, I dont know anyone who likes coming up against a druid.
Every now and then Ill take one down, but not often.
Its not a fair fight, most of the time I just leave them alone.

They are fun to play though.