PDA

View Full Version : Help with flashing BIOS... first timer

ryan29121
02-11-08, 09:16 PM
Alright Im experiencing some difficulty with computer on overclocking and I notice that my BIOS is pretty out of date so I want to update them. I just wanted a little extra help on this process so I dont fry anything. I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R motherboard so I went to the gigabyte website and I notice that they have a few different ones to choose from. They have two different revisions of my board 2.0 and 2.1, but im not sure which one mine is. I fired up CPU-Z and it said my revision is a A2 which was not one of my choices on the gigabyte website. Also my current BIOS version is version F6 and the most recent version is F11. In order to flash the bios would i need to install the older versions first like F7, F8 and so on, or will the "F11" be the only version I need to install. Much thanks in advance for your help with these stupid questions.

jcrox
02-11-08, 09:26 PM
you don't need to install any older versions, that much I can tell you.

ryan29121
02-11-08, 09:57 PM
Nevermind on the question anymore. I found my motherboard manual and it pretty much explained everything in there. I flashed the bios and everything works great. Thanks for your help anyways.

wysiwyg
02-12-08, 05:34 AM
what is a manual? :P

Amuro
02-12-08, 05:42 AM
what is a manual? :P
http://spectroscopy.web.psi.ch/focus/focus_manual_pages/manual.jpg