PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying Wipeout Pulse for psp?

SeriTonin
02-12-08, 08:29 PM
Big fan of the series here, I have part one on my psp via custom firmware and in the umd tray I have wipeout pure, I'll be picking this up tomorrow, anyone else?

Medion
02-12-08, 08:36 PM
Wipeout Pure was a resurrection of the series for me. However, I have a huge backlog of games, and generally don't pay $40+ for games anymore unless it's a major RPG.

When it hits $20, it's bought. Maybe at $30 if my backlog is mostly clear by then.

stncttr908
02-12-08, 09:23 PM
Wipeout Pure was a resurrection of the series for me. However, I have a huge backlog of games, and generally don't pay $40+ for games anymore unless it's a major RPG.

When it hits $20, it's bought. Maybe at $30 if my backlog is mostly clear by then.
So $20, since the games don't stop coming. :D

1337_Like_ThaT
02-15-08, 08:11 AM
So any feedback on this game? I've been looking into picking this up since it retails for $29.99, not too bad of a price compared to most hyped up PSP games

MustangSVT
02-15-08, 10:30 AM
I think what I have is Wipeout Pure, that original game released for PSP. It was pretty enjoyable. I liked it more than Quantum Redshift on Xbox1.

|MaguS|
02-15-08, 10:33 AM
Im waiting for Wipeout HD. :(

SeriTonin
02-15-08, 05:23 PM
I'm picking it up tomorrow ill let you guys know how it is.

Nothing beats part 3 for the original psx.

SeriTonin
02-17-08, 04:50 PM
Well, it's only $29.99 but I don't care for it too much, the first entry of psp, wipeout pure, was much more fun. I don't recommend this stinker at all.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-18-08, 06:09 PM
*sighs* I bought this game and to my disappointment its not even worth $29.99. Bored me out within the first hour of playing. I thought it would be a replacement of a racing game for good old Ridge Racer but wrong. Guess I'll have to wait until Patapon or God of War releases next on PSP :)

SeriTonin
02-18-08, 08:42 PM
*sighs* I bought this game and to my disappointment its not even worth $29.99. Bored me out within the first hour of playing. I thought it would be a replacement of a racing game for good old Ridge Racer but wrong. Guess I'll have to wait until Patapon or God of War releases next on PSP :)

Yeah, I'm just as disappointed, ESPECIALLY considering I've loved every game in the series with exception to XL on psx. Everyone liked that one, I hated it. The original was great, I still feel part 3 is hands down one of the best racing games of all-time, let alone the best in the series, the ps2 version was *ok*, wipeout pure was fantastic, this thing is a boring, un-motivated mess.

Hopefully Wipeout HD is decent on ps3.

|MaguS|
02-18-08, 08:58 PM
You disliked XL? What is wrong with you?! I mean considering Pure was going back to XL's style its weird that you disliked it. I thought the third was good but not to the level of XL.

SeriTonin
02-18-08, 10:52 PM
You disliked XL? What is wrong with you?! I mean considering Pure was going back to XL's style its weird that you disliked it. I thought the third was good but not to the level of XL.

You yelled at me like 6 months ago for saying that LOL. :p

Just didn't dig XL, I've tried, trust me I've tried. Even as recently as a few weeks ago I threw it on the psp and still "meh".

I just absolutely LOVE part 3. Best soundtrack, best level design, just amazing, and everyone I know, personally, who plays the wipeout series also shares my love for 3.

You're right, it's alot like pure, but I felt pure had way better level design.

|MaguS|
02-18-08, 10:54 PM
Pure did have great level design but music? come on! XL had prodigy!