PDA

View Full Version : WTB Power Supply

7oPd4wG
02-12-08, 09:53 PM
I just got a new 680i motherboard and another bfg 8800gtx oc video card, was wondering if anyone had a 750 watt power supply they are looking to get rid of? I figured I would ask here and maybe help someone out before buying new. Thanks

SLippe
02-12-08, 10:14 PM
Please read the Rules; http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78053

2.) Subject names should be in the following format:

(FS/FT/WTT) (Description of Item or Items)

In case you don't know, the abbrevations are as follows:

FS - For Sale
FT - For Trade
WTT - Want To Trade
No WTB (Want to buy) threads.

7oPd4wG
02-12-08, 10:25 PM
Sorry mod plz delete

Bearclaw
02-12-08, 10:36 PM
It's ok. We'll let you slide this time. ;)

7oPd4wG
02-12-08, 10:58 PM
Should have read before posting woops. Won't happen again.

amk21
02-12-08, 10:59 PM
I think that it would be a very good idea to have a dedicated forum to wtb threads, it would be nice to know what people need and if I it laying around for some reason, I might be able to get it off of my hands..... Just a thought.

Bearclaw
02-12-08, 11:04 PM
I think that it would be a very good idea to have a dedicated forum to wtb threads, it would be nice to know what people need and if I it laying around for some reason, I might be able to get it off of my hands..... Just a thought.
I think it might be a good idea also. I second it. I mean, if someone is looking for a spare part or something and someone has it and is willing to help them out and give it to that person cheaper than newegg, etc. than why not?

nV`andrew
02-12-08, 11:17 PM
Bump because it probably is a good idea, you never know what people want :p

7oPd4wG
02-12-08, 11:24 PM
I have to agree Whats the difference in WTS or WTB? HAs my vote, but its not my forums all we can do is try i guess.

Bearclaw
02-13-08, 12:01 AM
Ya, I have never understood the No WTB threads but maybe there are some good reasons behind it. Hopefully a mod or someone can clear this up and maybe even start this.

SLippe
02-13-08, 01:30 AM
I think because with the way it is now, everyone has to be registered, pretty much, too sell and it protects the buyer more. I don't know. I think what you all are suggesting could work though.

Odral
02-13-08, 09:06 AM
This is a great idea! I agree with the WTB because so many times you just don't know what you have that someone else may need. Great idea!

LORD-eX-Bu
02-13-08, 04:53 PM
if there were WTB threads allowed it would be nothing but WTB spam in this forum.

nrdstrm
02-13-08, 05:21 PM
if there were WTB threads allowed it would be nothing but WTB spam in this forum.

No it wouldn't...That's not what he said...And I am for his idea to (just my 2 cents)...

7oPd4wG
02-13-08, 08:19 PM

I don't think it would be too much worse than the WTS AND WTT Stuff. I mean it would still be controlled like the wts stuff. Why not help someone out if ya have and they need it you make some bucks or put it on ebay they charge you a rediculos fee and maybe then you will get what you payed for. We don't seem to have that issue here.

rudedog
02-13-08, 08:46 PM
I've also wanted to post WTB as well and think it's a great idea.

Was there issues or problems in the past and thus the rule of no WTB?

SLippe
02-13-08, 11:39 PM
I've also wanted to post WTB as well and think it's a great idea.

Was there issues or problems in the past and thus the rule of no WTB?
Yes, but I'm not sure exactly what happened. Since then, if I've needed something, I just put it in my Sig. :)

amk21
02-13-08, 11:50 PM
do any other forum communities have a wtb system in place?(tomshardware, hardocp, anadatech) If so, have they had any luck with it?

*edit*
was looking over at hardocp forums, they have wtb threads in the same forum as the fs, which I think is a bad idea to have it all bunched together, seems to cluttered. If a community thr size of the hardocp forums can have such a system in place, I believe that we can to. We need to refine their idea. If we were to create a wtb forum, I think it would need to be strictly moderated with a nice set of rules, like the ones devised for the fs forum.

7oPd4wG
02-14-08, 12:50 AM
do any other forum communities have a wtb system in place?(tomshardware, hardocp, anadatech) If so, have they had any luck with it?

*edit*
was looking over at hardocp forums, they have wtb threads in the same forum as the fs, which I think is a bad idea to have it all bunched together, seems to cluttered. If a community thr size of the hardocp forums can have such a system in place, I believe that we can to. We need to refine their idea. If we were to create a wtb forum, I think it would need to be strictly moderated with a nice set of rules, like the ones devised for the fs forum.
Nice Research, I totally agree with you.