PDA

View Full Version : Step-Up Question

cyntho
02-13-08, 09:04 AM
If I buy an EVGA card for let's just say $200 and it has a $20 rebate, thus making the original card $180, and I want to Step-Up to a card that's worth $300 that has no rebate. Do I have to come up with an additional $100 or $120 due to the rebate.

Can someone explain how the rebates work?

The statement I got from eVGA's website is as follows:

The Step-Up™ Program is free; you are required to pay the difference between your original invoice price, less any applicable rebates, and the price of the new card, plus any applicable tax and shipping. The program itself has no cost associated with it.

***EDITED***

SLippe
02-13-08, 09:21 AM
You have to pay the difference between the two cards, unless you paid less for your current card than the one you Step-Up too, but that's highly unlikely. If you paid $200 for your current card and the Step-Up card is $300, then you only pay $100 for the Step-Up card. As far as rebates go, sounds like that too is taken into consideration. So, instead of $200 it would be $180 and you'd have to pay $120 for the Step-Up card. I may be wrong on the Rebate part though.

cyntho
02-13-08, 09:30 AM
Yeah, it sounds to me like they don't want to count the rebate as part of the Step-Up, but I was curious since I have yet to use the Step-Up program, and I know most online websites do have rebates to some degree for some of the older video cards.

My assumption is as follows:

Original Purchase
$200 (Original Card Price)
$-20 (Rebate)
-----
$180 (Total Price w/o Tax)

Step-Up
$ 300 (New Card Value)
$-180 (Old Card Value)
-----
$120 (Price Difference to Pay for Step-Up)

The part I am totally unsure of is whether or not that $20 rebate is counted for or against me.

SLippe
02-13-08, 09:40 AM
Yeah, it sounds to me like they don't want to count the rebate as part of the Step-Up, but I was curious since I have yet to use the Step-Up program, and I know most online websites do have rebates to some degree for some of the older video cards.

My assumption is as follows:

Original Purchase
$200 (Original Card Price)
$-20 (Rebate)
-----
$180 (Total Price w/o Tax)

Step-Up
$ 300 (New Card Value)
$-180 (Old Card Value)
-----
$120 (Price Difference to Pay for Step-Up)

The part I am totally unsure of is whether or not that $20 rebate is counted for or against me.
Not real sure on that either, but I'm guessing it'll probably be counted. Just plan on paying the bigger difference, then if you don't have too, it'll be a nice surprise. ;)

bobmitch
02-13-08, 10:16 AM
EVGA deducts the rebate from what you paid. So you would owe $120 for the difference plus shipping. Keep in mind...you are going to get what you paid minus rebate and pay MSRP to EVGA for the new step up card. Not the greatest deal in the world...BUT...no other company gives you the opportunity within the first 90 days...to "trade in" your current model for a better one.

Bob

tornadog
02-13-08, 10:49 AM
One thing that sucks abt the step up is they will ship you the new step up card only after they receive the old card and authorize it. Thats like a 2 week turnaround. So if you dont have a spare card, you pretty much f**ked up. Also if its a new brand new card thats just come out, expect around 3-4 weeks!

cyntho
02-13-08, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the responses :).