PDA

View Full Version : overclocking 8800gtx in SLI - HELP

cad12
02-13-08, 08:58 AM
As the title says I need help, is it possible to clock 2 8800gtx cards in SLI

In the past had no problems with one card

SLI is enabled in the control panel as well and the green bar shows when using SLI so I know it is enabled

Ive tried in rivatuna it accepts the clocks i put in but it makes absolutely no difference to any benchscores ie 3dmark06 etc.

I try it in Ntune and the same again it makes no difference to my benchmarks.

Is it successfully clocking one card ? and not the other thus the clock is not working for SLI ?

any help or someone who has successfully OC 2 cards in SLI and it has improved there benchscores.

cad12

Revs
02-13-08, 09:07 AM
Hi Dave, lol :)

Hopefully these guys will be able to shed some light on the problem :p

XFX Support
02-13-08, 11:27 AM
How much of an overclock are your getting? If it is not a massive amount it might be difficult to see a increase. Also try overclocking each card to the same speed before SLI is enabled then once they are stable go ahead and enable SLI.

Revs
02-13-08, 11:32 AM
He's been OCing them to the same speed as a pre-OC'd card, so a fair bit, but not loads. But there is no gain at all. Very strange. I would expect to see a good few hundred extra points in 3DM06 with a medium OC, especially with two cards.

cad12
02-13-08, 05:59 PM
Hi all thanks for your replies

I think the problem is that the clock is only being apllied to one card thus things arent going right and sometimes the benchmark goes down hill and I get a lower score.

Only one card shows in rivatuner

I believe rivatuner 2.07 will have experimental support for SLI.

There must be someone who is experiencing the same as me.

I now have 2 8800 GTS 512 cards and 2 8800 GTX cards because I could clock the 8800 GTX cards successfully.

I thought that flashing the 2 GTX cards bios with figures the same as a retail OC card ie BFG OC2 version then that way both cards would have the same figure.

cheers

for any help

Armed_Baboon
02-13-08, 11:45 PM
can you say "performance freak"?

cad12
02-14-08, 04:01 AM
Thanks for your help I will try that tonight ;)

Prod
02-14-08, 02:33 PM
i am having the same problem cad12. just have to wait for the new rivatuner.

cad12
02-16-08, 05:32 AM
Done a bit more digging and found this on another forum.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=256250

Its basically saying one of the vista hotfixes is the cause of the problem but they dont know which one is causing it yet.

If you run vista with no hotfixes for SLI the rivatuner seems to work and both cards get clocked when checked with GPUz but when some hotfixes have been applied only one card gets clocked thus giving no improvement on bench scores.

Lets hope rivatuner 2.07 is the cure as SLI users are loosing out on a lot of Hz :(