PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Sim racing and Vi$ta

Dirthead
02-13-08, 08:50 PM
I'm unable to play this game,When i start the game, The Cube 3d configurations does not start. It worked before i went to vista but now the game does not run,

Has anyone else with vista who plays this game have the same problem or may know a fix?

Dirthead
02-13-08, 09:22 PM
Think this is the problem, It says i have no hard drive space .Bad thing is i have 177 GB of space left on my hard drive............ EA or vista is not cool. So I even click ok and it still doesn't work

KasuCode
02-13-08, 09:28 PM
Maybe you have a 3.5TB harddrive or bigger?

Dirthead
02-13-08, 10:28 PM
I guess, But reading around other sites, I'm not the only one who has this problem.So ether EA or micro should find a fix for this game, I followed a work around which was able to get the game to run,however its only runs in 800x600 mode, If i can get the screen size to 1680x1050 I be happy but I can not find a way to do so.

Buio
02-14-08, 03:05 AM
When installing older games on Vista, do not use any path of "C:\Program Files" or similar. Its because Vista per default has restrictions on that folder, meaning that when you run a game thats installed there it may not be able to save any files in its folder.

Either install games in another folder f.e. C:\Games\... or fix the permissions manually on the installed games folder.

After that you can use compability mode to increase the odds of making it run. If not working still, you gotta check internet if there is any specific workaround for that game.

Dirthead
02-14-08, 09:21 AM
I might give that a try buio, thanks for the info/tip,

Ok, I'm reinstalling using your suggestion/tip, I post if it works, Just think its a bug in that program but its worth a shoot