PDA

View Full Version : MLB 08: The Show

christos
02-15-08, 10:43 AM
Downloaded this demo last night from the PSN. Wow! This is truley the first baseball videogame that I found myself enjoying since the original Hardball on the commodore64. What a difference from last year's PS3 baseball games.

Everything appears to be done right, from the graphics to the gameplay to all the small details, all at what appears to me to be 60fps. I'm loving this demo and will be definitely be getting the full version.

Any one try this out yet?

stncttr908
02-15-08, 11:44 AM
I might invest in a PS3 if this turns out well. 2K's baseball offerings have been total crap as of late, and with Blu-Ray emerging as the HD victor and GT5 Prologue due out, it might be a worthwhile investment.

nrdstrm
02-15-08, 01:44 PM
Downloaded this demo last night from the PSN. Wow! This is truley the first baseball videogame that I found myself enjoying since the original Hardball on the commodore64. What a difference from last year's PS3 baseball games.

Everything appears to be done right, from the graphics to the gameplay to all the small details, all at what appears to me to be 60fps. I'm loving this demo and will be definitely be getting the full version.

Any one try this out yet?

I'm gonna have to download it and give it a try. I tend to trust someone who remembers Hardball on the good 'ole Commie 64...I played the crap out of that game!

kev13dd
02-15-08, 06:06 PM
I might invest in a PS3 if this turns out well. 2K's baseball offerings have been total crap as of late, and with Blu-Ray emerging as the HD victor and GT5 Prologue due out, it might be a worthwhile investment.
MLB2K6 sucked, and MLB2K7 had it's shares of flaws, but everything I've seen about 2K8 sounds fantastic- the new mechanics for play combined with flaw fixes could make it on par or better than The Show

Until the 2K8 demo hits (I assume they'll release one later this month) I think calling one or the other "the winner" (or using one as a console choice) just yet might be premature

K

3DBrad
02-15-08, 06:25 PM
Is it as good as Ken Griffy Jr. Baseball that was on the SNES or the N64 version?
:D

|MaguS|
02-15-08, 07:53 PM
This game looks so amazing but I have no clue on how to play...

Slash310
02-16-08, 01:12 AM
hmm i never really play baseball games but ill give this one a try.

Destroy
02-16-08, 07:56 AM
Its THAT impressive? I don't care for any sports games but I guess I'll have to try this demo.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-16-08, 09:39 AM
After playing this demo, I will wait until MLB 2k8 is released on PSN demos or in retail stores. Can the announcers be anymore boring in MLB Show????

The graphics of course are to die for, but I am not liking the pitch/batting analysis system find it rather annoying and base running as well. I still feel MLB 2k series has the better gameplay, we'll see if 2k8 can clean up the bugs from last years