PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a PS3, what are the best demos?

3DBrad
02-15-08, 06:26 PM
Didn't buy any games, as its main use is as a Blu-ray player, but what demos do you suggest I try out first? I had a PS3 at launch, but sold it shortly thereafter and bought a Wii.

But anyway, what demos? :)

Marvel_us
02-15-08, 06:49 PM
DMC4, Ninja Gaiden, Uncharted, Folklore, Superstar dust HD.

Those I can remember off the top of my head...haven't been able to get onto my PS3 in weeks though.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-15-08, 06:56 PM
In addition to the good suggestions Marvel made, also Check out Heavinly Sword Demo and MotorStorm Demo, oldies but still great games to own

Oh and of course Ratchet and Clank TOD :)

3DBrad
02-15-08, 07:11 PM
Well, I am downloading the Turok demo, but will try the Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank demos then. :D

|MaguS|
02-15-08, 07:14 PM
Just cancel it... Turok sucks.

Oh don't forget to get PixelJunk Monsters!

3DBrad
02-15-08, 07:18 PM
Just cancel it... Turok sucks.

Oh don't forget to get PixelJunk Monsters!

LOL :D Maybe I'll put it on my "to do list" and try another one. ;)

crainger
02-15-08, 07:24 PM
Resistance! Oh and skate is a fun demo if you don't already have it on 360. Conan is a fun demo, the full game is meh, but the demo is fun.

3DBrad
02-15-08, 07:26 PM
Resistance! Oh and skate is a fun demo if you don't already have it on 360. Conan is a fun demo, the full game is meh, but the demo is fun.

I used to own Resistance (the only game I bought for the PS3 before). :)

Skate sounds cool, as I have always enjoyed skating games, since I don't skate anymore. :D

(Birdhouse board, Willy Santos Singing Frogs edition, Grind King trucks, etc.) At least in games you don't get hurt. :p

3DBrad
02-15-08, 09:28 PM
At 51% with Uncharted demo. :D

crainger
02-16-08, 04:39 PM
Have fun with Uncharted. If you've never seen it in action before the visuals will slap your face pretty hard the first time you play. ::D:

3DBrad
02-16-08, 04:55 PM
Yes, it's VERY pretty, but the gun fights take too long! (in the demo that is)
:D

nrdstrm
02-16-08, 07:46 PM
I used to own Resistance (the only game I bought for the PS3 before). :)

Skate sounds cool, as I have always enjoyed skating games, since I don't skate anymore. :D

(Birdhouse board, Willy Santos Singing Frogs edition, Grind King trucks, etc.) At least in games you don't get hurt. :p

What? What is all that? I had a Santa Cruz Rob Roscopp board, Indy Trucks, and Santa Cruz Slime Balls (wheels). My other favorite board was my Hosoi Hammerhead (with the same brand trucks and wheeles)...

**PONDERS**

DAMN IT...I DATED MYSELF AGAIN...ARRRRGGGG...

Beyond all that, SKATE is a good demo (and a damn good game!)...Rachet is great as well...

3DBrad
02-16-08, 08:54 PM
Ok, Conflict: Denied *Framerate* is horrible.

It's laggy, and not really fun.

nrdstrm, yep, skating was fun. :D

sammy sung
02-16-08, 09:31 PM
What? What is all that? I had a Santa Cruz Rob Roscopp board, Indy Trucks, and Santa Cruz Slime Balls (wheels). My other favorite board was my Hosoi Hammerhead (with the same brand trucks and wheeles)...

**PONDERS**

DAMN IT...I DATED MYSELF AGAIN...ARRRRGGGG...

Beyond all that, SKATE is a good demo (and a damn good game!)...Rachet is great as well...

I had a G&S Stacy Peralta board and a fibreflex slalom board,tracker trucks and Kryptonics wheels with skf bearings.Crap that dates me even more... youth where did it go ?:cry:

3DBrad
02-16-08, 10:27 PM
"Every man that is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble." (Job 14:1)
:D

sammy sung
02-17-08, 12:10 AM
Wich one did you buy btw Spoudazo ? I'm thinking of getting one,initially i wanted the 60/80 gb versions for the backwards compability but im beginning to think its not worth it.I know how crap most xbox games work/look on my 360 so that feature isnt needed perhaps and the cheaper 40gb model might do the trick.Whats your wiew on that ?

ralinn
02-17-08, 07:30 AM
Wich one did you buy btw Spoudazo ? I'm thinking of getting one,initially i wanted the 60/80 gb versions for the backwards compability but im beginning to think its not worth it.I know how crap most xbox games work/look on my 360 so that feature isnt needed perhaps and the cheaper 40gb model might do the trick.Whats your wiew on that ?
There's a whole bunch of good titles on the PS2 though. If you can afford it and it's availible, IMO BC is a must.

sammy sung
02-17-08, 11:17 AM
There's a whole bunch of good titles on the PS2 though. If you can afford it and it's availible, IMO BC is a must.

Do they work well on the ps3 though ? I just tried gotham racing 2 on my 360 and parts of the menu was missing/didnt work and the game it self looked worse than it does on my original xbox.If the old games barely work is see no point in the backwards compability.

LovingSticky
02-17-08, 11:42 AM
Now that Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD fight is over, PS3 has a definitive advantage over XBox. Will be buying one as well.

Blackcat
02-17-08, 11:46 AM
try the new MLB 08 The Show, I have not like a sports game in years but I like this demo a lot. Definitely picking this one up when in comes out.

Bman212121
02-17-08, 12:31 PM
Most games work just fine. The PS3's BC is much better than the 360's.

I've got a launch 60gb version, and haven't encountered any games that wouldn't run on it.

+1

@op: If you like racing games you have to get GT:HD. A lot of people here liked motorstorm, so it's worth checking it out. I rented it once and I think it was a little more fun playing the full game, but I still wasn't too crazy about it. Also get pixeljunk racers as it's pretty fun too.

3DBrad
02-17-08, 12:53 PM

I got the $399 version, as I never used the features of the $600 version when I bought one (at launch or so). It's 40gb (IIRC) and comes with Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray. :)

MowTin
02-18-08, 12:53 AM
If you like driving games I highly recommend GT5 Prologue demo. It's no longer available so you'll need to download it on your PC from some source and use a proxy utility but it's possible.

I'm addicted to that game.

Burnout demo is also a lot of fun even if you don't like driving games you may enjoy crashing your car in this game.

DMC4 demo is impressive. Especially that GIANT boss.