PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Chapters

Mr Bigman
02-15-08, 07:47 PM
I decided to run through HL2 again.

But i am at Ravensholm.

What was behind the RavenHolm chapter anyway?

It was so different than the other maps.

In the HL story, where did RavenHolm come from?

It looks like the breeding ground for some of the freaks and creatures in LF2.

Anyone got a clue about how this area came to be?

bob saget
02-15-08, 09:23 PM
well, they had headcrab zombies in HL right? and zombies is a huge part in all games, i mean combine have many chapters all to themselves right? I find mixing and matching the moods and atmosphere is a great tactic.

BTW: Ravenholm is right in the middle of Transylvania.

Atomizer
02-15-08, 09:58 PM
You gotta remember, earlier in the game, the combine actually fire down "bombs" with headcrabs in them, they obviously did the same thing to ravenholm previously and all the headcrabs and zombies were allowed to live there without anyone interveaning, apart from the crazy priest of course who seems to enjoy it there a little too much.

Mr Bigman
02-15-08, 10:18 PM
I totally remember know.

It was mentioned time and time again in earlier movies that were imspired upon from the old country involving zombies or warewolfs and even neck biters.

bob saget
02-15-08, 10:21 PM
oh yea, i remember know too

crainger
02-16-08, 04:45 PM
The Combine use headcrab bombs as a way to control/wipe out isolated towns. The idea is a portion of the populace is converted into zombies. They attack and kill the survivors. Then themselves die out from lack of food.

Armed_Baboon
02-16-08, 08:04 PM
seems to be some sort of folklore rule that says zombies only eat human flesh. couldn't they eat fruit?

bob saget
02-17-08, 02:06 AM
seems to be some sort of folklore rule that says zombies only eat human flesh. couldn't they eat fruit?
i think they ran out of mandarine oranges.

crainger
02-17-08, 05:59 PM

Gives them diarrhoea.

LordJuanlo
02-18-08, 04:38 AM
I loved Ravenholm chapter, Father Grigori (or something like that) is one cool and funny character.

bob saget
02-18-08, 04:46 AM
I loved Ravenholm chapter, Father Grigori (or something like that) is one cool and funny character.
yep, that final battle in ravenholm, in the graveyard, where you can slice like 9-10 zombies in one shot, or set them on fire, is awesome.