PDA

View Full Version : Half-life cinematic mod v6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Revs
02-17-08, 04:02 PM
Just been looking at this mod;

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/FakeFactorys_Cinematic_Mod_6_Christmas_Present;851 25

Has anyone tried it? It's only for 64bit OS users with a minimum 2.5Gb of RAM. It looks awsome! I've looked back through the threads and can't find anything about it. Is it any good?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6120/8512514yp2.jpg

KasuCode
02-17-08, 04:29 PM
looks like allot of fun to play with

SeriTonin
02-17-08, 05:10 PM
Sucks that it's only for 64-but users. I'm so jaded at this point anyway, crysis has pretty much ruined any visuals for any other game right now.

SH64
02-17-08, 05:18 PM
meh i'm not going to install a 64-bit OS just for this.

grey_1
02-17-08, 05:20 PM
Sucks that it's only for 64-but users. I'm so jaded at this point anyway, crysis has pretty much ruined any visuals for any other game right now.
Depends on what you're looking for. I'm not a huge fan, but the source engine has a look all it's own that really fits the theme of the story, and these mods are fantastic looking. Heck, I'm even re-playing Doom 3 with a kick ass gfx mod.

These cinematic mods can really change the whole feel of a game.

XDanger
02-17-08, 05:28 PM
CM4 has the best textures of any i have seen, I will want to see this.

Did I miss CM5 or was it that crappy pretty version?

3.77gb download, WOW and I was considering downgrading my 1.5mb bb

Works on Episode 2 , Thats great!!!!

evox
02-17-08, 05:49 PM
so this mod turns Alyx into Adriana Lima?

not that I am complaining :D

Loreman
02-17-08, 05:54 PM
I'm playing this mod ATM!

You don't need 64bit OS, it is only 'recommended'.

I am playing it through in 32bit Win XP, no problems so far and it looks amazing.

SeriTonin
02-17-08, 05:55 PM
That's the other thing, how many *final* editions of this mod will there be?!? I remember v3 FINAL and then 3.01 FINAL and so on.

JigenD
02-17-08, 05:56 PM
I find it amazing how they manage to make this mod uglier and uglier.

I wonder if Alyx still has erect nipples all the time...

grey_1
02-17-08, 05:56 PM
so this mod turns Alyx into Adriana Lima?

not that I am complaining :D
:p She do look good these days. :D

XDanger
02-17-08, 05:57 PM
I'm playing this mod ATM!

You don't need 64bit OS, it is only 'recommended'.

I am playing it through in 32bit Win XP, no problems so far and it looks amazing.
Thats handy ,No need to switch to Vista

It wants 2.5gb ram so I guess thats why it says 64bit.

JigenD
02-17-08, 05:58 PM
oh wow...

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/32/files2/85125_6.jpg

Michael Jackson?

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/32/files2/85125_9.jpg

I see they still haven't fixed the arm joints either... [edit : his right had is horribly disfigured too]

ArrowMk84
02-17-08, 06:25 PM
That's the other thing, how many *final* editions of this mod will there be?!? I remember v3 FINAL and then 3.01 FINAL and so on.

Final refers to it being the final (as opposed to incremental) build of that version. So as long as they keep going to new version number, you'll have new "finals". My previous employer labeled their software the same way.

I'm tempted to try this out. Do they have a Fileplanet link? Filefront never plays nice with my download manager.

raystorm
02-17-08, 10:40 PM
oh wow...

Holy hell thats awful. What did they do to Alyx??!!

sillyeagle
02-17-08, 10:43 PM
oh wow...

Michael Jackson?

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/32/files2/85125_9.jpg

I see they still haven't fixed the arm joints either... [edit : his right had is horribly disfigured too]

Its too bad there are people like you and raystorm who have to whine and complain when somebody releases hundreds of hours of work as a free download. You guys didn't make or buy this mod so I don't think there's room for you to complain.

JigenD
02-18-08, 12:18 AM
Its too bad there are people like you and raystorm who have to whine and complain when somebody releases hundreds of hours of work as a free download. You guys didn't make or buy this mod so I don't think there's room for you to complain.

Of course there's room to complain. It stinks it stinks it stinks. (nana2)

Also, why would I complain about it if I had made it myself? (nana2)

It's too bad some people think this mod looks good! (nana2)

LordJuanlo
02-18-08, 03:17 AM
You can select the Alyx model you want, at least you could with previous Cinematic Mod. BTW this mod is awesome, I have replayed HL2 again, this guy has done a fantastic job. And as he says, this mod is the result of his own personal taste, if you don't like it, don't play it. Simple.

nekrosoft13
02-18-08, 12:24 PM
looks good, will have to try it

stncttr908
02-18-08, 01:26 PM
Downloading so I can finally play Episode 2! :D

XDanger
02-18-08, 02:46 PM
Im getting a black screen with ep2 in vista and low-res textures in xp

MowTin
02-18-08, 02:54 PM
Somehow Alyx looks more real. Adriana looks like a doll. It's hard to put your finger on what's missing.

Anyway, Alyx is the "ideal woman." Somehow Valve has managed to render the ideal woman from the collective consciousness of men.

She's into technology and mechanical things like a man. She's this ideal mixture of the best qualities of every race. And she's very down to earth and "cool."

I hope Gordon gets to "hit it" in Episode 3 mass effect style or GTA hot coffee style or a mini game like God of War :p

Redeemed
02-18-08, 02:57 PM
Somehow Alyx looks more real. Adriana looks like a doll. It's hard to put your finger on what's missing.

Anyway, Alyx is the "ideal woman." Somehow Valve has managed to render the ideal woman from the collective consciousness of men.

She's into technology and mechanical things like a man. She's this ideal mixture of the best qualities of every race. And she's very down to earth and "cool."

I hope Gordon gets to "hit it" in Episode 3 mass effect style or GTA hot coffee style or a mini game like God of War :p

:wtf: x 100

That'd be an EPIC FAIL of EPIC PROPORTIONS... in my book.

XDanger
02-18-08, 03:02 PM
Theres no option to use the hi-res CM4 alyx models which is a shame.

raystorm
02-18-08, 04:25 PM

I'm whining when I say I don't like one aspect of the mod? I do not like the new Alyx model one bit and think it looks horrible. However I like the other work that is done especially with the maps. I used the cinematic mod until about version 4 (I think) and it looks excellent. I'll also try this version with the new models once I install the 64bit Vista that I have lying around though if I can select the model of Alyx they made that is a higher poly version of the original (which I remember them doing) then I'll just select that.

Theres no option to use the hi-res CM4 alyx models which is a shame.

Aw crap. I hope they'll allow you to use that model in a future patch.