PDA

View Full Version : NFS Prostreet looks awful on PS3! Other games?

MowTin
02-18-08, 12:46 PM
I tried the NFS Pro Street demo on the PS3 and it looks terrible compared to the 360 version. I know it's because it's a port of a 360 title but I've never seen anything look so awful.

Everything is sooo blurry. Are there other 360 to PS3 ports that look this bad?

What makes a port look blurry? I'm assuming they're using the same textures.

(Oh, and the game is awful too)

Q
02-18-08, 12:48 PM
From what I've read, the PS3 has expensive AA but relatively free Blur when it comes to cost in frames per second. AA on the 360 is nearly free. To get a "similar" experience from the port, they just turn on the free Blur.

It sucks. (The blur and the situation)

nekrosoft13
02-18-08, 12:51 PM
don't want to start anything, but AA on 360? never seen any

H3avyM3tal
02-18-08, 01:43 PM
Why even bother with this crappiest racing pimp sim ever?

MowTin
02-18-08, 02:07 PM
From what I've read, the PS3 has expensive AA but relatively free Blur when it comes to cost in frames per second. AA on the 360 is nearly free. To get a "similar" experience from the port, they just turn on the free Blur.

It sucks. (The blur and the situation)

Okay, that explains it. They're using a blur effect to compensate for the free AA they get on the 360. Well, they should really turn off blur because it looks awful. Like a Wii game.

And yes this NFS games is a horrible game on any system but I was just wondering why the graphics were so damn blurry compared to the 360 version.

When I play GT5P demo the AA in that game is outstanding. The AA in GT5P is better than my 16xAA on GTR2 on my PC. So, it seems like the PS3 does AA pretty well. I've never seen a 360 game as jaggies free as GT5P.

NarcissistZero
02-18-08, 02:13 PM
Some devs don't know how to use the PS3... multi-plat games will always suffer... etc., etc....

Destroy
02-18-08, 02:22 PM
Some devs don't know how to use the PS3... multi-plat games will always suffer... etc., etc....

Yup, PS3 games can look great but developers get lazy.

Q
02-18-08, 03:06 PM
Yup, PS3 games can look great but developers get lazy.

Well, it sounds like its the equivalent of this generations Saturn when it comes to programming.

|JuiceZ|
02-18-08, 03:08 PM
Why even bother with this crappiest racing pimp sim ever?

+2

Can't stand it either, the vehicle physics & controls are wack too.