PDA

View Full Version : Verifying DMI Pool Data error?

muffinman57
02-19-08, 02:18 PM
I ran into this error and I'm not sure if it's a harddisk error or my operating system. I am running Windows Vista 32 bit with a Raptor X harddrive. Everytime I boot up my computer it posts and everything, right before where it would say Verifying DMI Pool Data usually, it will freeze up and the underscore at the bottom of the screen just keeps blinking, after I restart once or twice everything will boot up fine I will get the Windows failed to start error and if I just click boot Windows normally everything is perfect. Has anyone run into this problem before? Any ideas on what's going on? Should I possibly just reinstall windows?

Also when I first built this computer it was perfectly fine, it started happening after a week or so and it's only after the computer has been off for at least a couple of hours.

Rummy
02-19-08, 02:28 PM
What are your system specifications
mobo
cpu
psu
etc...

Dirthead
02-19-08, 02:29 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Verifying+DMI+Pool+Data&btnG=Google+Search

Read some of these links they may help you.

muffinman57
02-19-08, 03:43 PM
Sorry about that. I'm running on a gigabyte p35c-ds3r with a q6600 and 8800 gts (g80) 2 gigs of ocz ram 5-5-5-15 and a thermaltake tough power 750w. and yes i did that search in google i was just trying to avoid reinstalling windows, but if i must, i must i guess.

lduguay
02-19-08, 03:49 PM
Try clearing your cmos first. And when possible use the default BIOS settings.

Drolfrawd
02-19-08, 04:10 PM
Try clearing your cmos first. And when possible use the default BIOS settings.

He is right this will will fix your problem, you are overclocking right?

muffinman57
02-19-08, 04:38 PM
it was overclocked before at 2.8 but i thought that could have been a problem so i set it back to stock i will try resetting the cmos then, thanks a lot guys ill let you know how it goes

Absolution
02-20-08, 11:40 AM
Isn't DMI a part of the bios/cmos? Try reflashing to a newer or current bios (if no newever version is avalible). Make sure you do it from dos though (winflash may work, make sure its the entire bios though).

I used to get them on my friends DFI nForce 4 board.

edit, and ya, reset your CMOS while your at it