PDA

View Full Version : PlanetSide Beta at Fileplanet!

Pages : [1] 2

Ramshambo2001
04-26-03, 03:42 PM
Just thought you guys might like to know that the planetside beta is at fileplanet for subscribers, I've been playin this game for a week or so in the public beta and it is awesome!

Hope to see you inside!
Server: Beryl
Side:Terran
Name:Veronica
Server:Emerald
Side:New Con.
Name:Veronica

ZoinKs!
04-26-03, 04:22 PM
Hey I just got done downloading it. 1.33 GB in 1 hr 54 minutes; 203 KB/sec.

I hope my 64meg 8500 will be able to keep up with the action...

monkeydust
04-26-03, 04:25 PM
I played it for the first time today for a few minutes. I asked on the broadcast channel how much longer the beta was going to last. Some guy called me a dumbass for asking that because the devs didn't even know how long it was going to last.

So, I didn't get a very good first impression of it (based on the people and not the game itself).

Ramshambo2001
04-26-03, 05:20 PM
I try to only talk to the people in my squad or when trying to get into one. You got the same crowd here as in Counter-Strike so beware.

LORD-eX-Bu
04-26-03, 06:29 PM
errr.. so can I download this if I am not a paying fileplanet subscriber?

Matthyahuw
04-26-03, 07:10 PM
what's the filename so I can get it on P2P

LORD-eX-Bu
04-26-03, 07:13 PM
planetside_beta_gsi.exe

bah, can't download it until I get my new HD that I just won on eBay:banghead:

The PlanetSide Beta is currently only available to FilePlanet Subscribers. You will receive a unique key for the beta from FilePlanet during the installation of the beta. You will also need 512 MB RAM and 1 GB of virtual memory for the installation. To activate the beta, you will need to create a free Station.com account and complete the beta application form. Once these steps are complete, you will be able to enter the key and join the game.

looks like its only for paying fileplanet subscribers:lol: IRC time:naughty:

LORD-eX-Bu
04-26-03, 11:37 PM
so are people free to post screenshots or is that a no-no?

I'd like to see what this game looks like and people's impressions before I attempt to download the beta.

Anyone else get to try it yet?

Ramshambo2001
04-27-03, 07:07 AM
"As of Friday April 11, 2003, the PlanetSide beta tester non-disclosure agreement has been lifted. Testers, feel free to tell friends, family and neighbors about the game and your experiences. Please be sure to read the End User License Agreement, which is in effect for all who participate in the Open Beta Test."

ZoinKs!
04-27-03, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
what's the filename so I can get it on P2P That won't help you. You need to have a fileplanet subscription to get a cd key. Otherwise you need to get it through the normal means at the Station.

Matthyahuw
04-27-03, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by ZoinKs!
That won't help you. You need to have a fileplanet subscription to get a cd key. Otherwise you need to get it through the normal means at the Station. LOL thanks for the heads-up, I DLed it overnight anyway, was planetside_beta_gsi.zip, and inside held the large avi of the game from gamespy network, so at least I got to SEE the game in action...

Looked like a mix between Tribes and C&C Renegade, can't say I was all that impressed.

I'm still too hooked on BF1942, especially the Desert Combat mod. Once they get the teams balanced with firepower, it could be something HUGE, and probably do to BF1942 what CS did to HL...

CaptNKILL
04-27-03, 10:18 PM
"As of Friday April 11, 2003, the PlanetSide beta tester non-disclosure agreement has been lifted. Testers, feel free to tell friends, family and neighbors about the game and your experiences"

hahaha, thats funny :)

How many of you guys, if you were beta testers, WOULDNT let a freind\family member see the game you were testing?

"hey dude, can I come over to see the beta of that game we've been talking about for 5 years?"

"no way man... NDA"

lol

|JuiceZ|
04-27-03, 10:51 PM
heh yea really, a buddy of mine is beta testing Star Wars galaxies, looks pretty good so far :cool3:

DaveW
04-28-03, 10:28 AM
Bah... its a monthly subscription fee game so I am not going to take interest in it.

Matthyahuw
04-28-03, 02:18 PM
you have to pay-per-month for Planetside???????

When did they start this? I've never heard that before...

O MAN, there goes that game! Not even gonna hold interest in it one more second...was looking forward to it being a Halo-killer (if Halo ever would come out for the PC, the MS ****s)

nin_fragile14
04-28-03, 02:27 PM
you have to pay-per-month for Planetside???????

When did they start this? I've never heard that before...

O MAN, there goes that game! Not even gonna hold interest in it one more second...was looking forward to it being a Halo-killer (if Halo ever would come out for the PC, the MS ****s)

It's been designed from the beginning as a pay-per-month game.

StealthHawk
04-28-03, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14

unfortunately.

Matthyahuw
04-28-03, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
DAMNIT!
It's a freakin Tribes ripoff! It may be on a bigger scale, but I'll get my jollies from Tribes for free thank you very much...

Plus, for anyone that's into BF1942 it's gonna be REAL hard to pull them away from that game, especially with the DC mod, and some cool new ones on the horizon...

StealthHawk
04-28-03, 04:01 PM
DAMNIT!
It's a freakin Tribes ripoff! It may be on a bigger scale, but I'll get my jollies from Tribes for free thank you very much...

Plus, for anyone that's into BF1942 it's gonna be REAL hard to pull them away from that game, especially with the DC mod, and some cool new ones on the horizon...

Welcome to the world of corporate greed that is Sony :rolleyes:

DaveW
04-28-03, 04:20 PM
Pay-per-month is a big game-turnoff for me. I already have enough monthly bills, the last thing I would add to that would be 10 bucks a month just to play a computer game.

Matty is right, 1942 and its mods will be the staple online gaming for this year.

fastguy94416
04-28-03, 05:32 PM
I love desert combat... :D

ZoinKs!
04-28-03, 05:35 PM
The gameplay in PlanetSide feels radically different from BF1942. The different units, technology level, objectives; the larger number of players, character advancement, the persistence and incredible size of the gameworld all combine to make it quite different from battlefield.

I imagine these things also make it different from Tribes. But I haven't played Tribes enough to be sure.

Anyways, the gameplay in PS rocks. I like it more than Battlefield or even DC.

Matthyahuw
04-28-03, 05:52 PM
to each his own man, have fun paying for it!

to say PS is better than BF1942 is saying something like GTA4 is better than GTA3, while this may be true, no one can deny having some AWESOME times in GTA3!
Same goes for BF1942...

Red Dog
05-08-03, 06:09 AM
FYI, the planet side beta is now available for people with free file planet accounts. :D

took me 2 hours 15 minutes to download the 1.33gig.

I'll check it out tonight.

Iron1384
05-10-03, 09:59 AM
I hope the game isn't pay to play. I'm making a stand, and won't buy ANY game that has a monthly fee. They have to get rid of this crap.

Even if it's $5 a month, that's $60 a year. More than the cost of an average game. $120 if you play for 2 years.......not counting how much you gave them to buy it.................:mad: