PDA

View Full Version : Got my GHIII Wii Replacement Disc Form...

911medic
02-21-08, 11:10 AM
Yesterday I got a form from Activision and a "disc mailer" envelope to exchange my GHIII disc for one w/working Dolby.

Soon...no more mono!!

Activision

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Wii Replacement Disc Claim Form

We understand that some consumers have not been able to enjoy the full audio output in the Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Activision has worked with Nintendo to remaster the game and provide a replacement disc to consumers with Dolby digital surround sound and other consumers experiencing audio issues.

To receive a replacement disc for the Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock you must do the following:

Complete this form.
Mail this form along with your Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock disc in the enclosed pre-paid disc mailer to the pre-printed address no later than August 31, 2008.

When receipt of your original disc is confirmed, a replacement disc will be mailed to you. Please allow 3-4 weeks to receive a replacement disc. You can view the status of your disc replacement at activision.rebatestatus.com or by calling 888-788-4931.

Q
02-21-08, 11:16 AM
3-4 weeks.

What a load of anal rape. Glad I got it for PS3...and then returned it 2 days later.

;)

911medic
02-21-08, 11:22 AM
I've had a blast w/it on the Wii, even in mono (setting the receiver to one of the ProLogic settings helps), and so have my kids/wife.

We spent New Years Eve having a GHIII competition, and had a great time.

What didn't you like about it?

Q
02-21-08, 11:34 AM
I've had a blast w/it on the Wii, even in mono (setting the receiver to one of the ProLogic settings helps), and so have my kids/wife.

We spent New Years Eve having a GHIII competition, and had a great time.

What didn't you like about it?

I have stubby little fingers.

:D

I had only played GH2 on the 360 a few times before, so this was my real introduction to the series. Even after calibration, it seemed like the timing was just a little off. I was contemplating getting Rock Band and trying again, but my GF got me a real guitar for Christmas instead. :afro2:

911medic
02-21-08, 12:11 PM
LOL

Reality FTW!!

Tr1cK
02-21-08, 12:38 PM
Rock Band FTW!

tornadog
02-21-08, 05:43 PM
way to go Activision, they will also pay you 135 if you just wish to return the game back to them plus shipping. Time to get rid of this ****ty game and get Rockband...lol

MustangSVT
02-21-08, 06:14 PM
Guitar Hero 3 is so much better than Rock band in terms of singleplayer and if you have a friend that is good at guitar hero as well, a lotta fun. And yes I do have Rock Band with all the instruments.

crainger
02-21-08, 08:41 PM
What's a rock band? ::D:

*Still awaiting Rock Bands release over this way* ::(:

crainger
02-21-08, 10:22 PM
You is just messed up BB.

Prefer UT3 to Gears
Rock Band to GH3
PS3 to 360.

All you need is a tatoo and I can do you IDB.

Tr1cK
02-21-08, 10:37 PM
I've got to disagree. I've got both games, and spend WAY more time with Rock Band than GH3. I'm talking about single player gameplay too.
I've spent time with them all. Rock Band wins hands down. The DLC has been better and more often. The drums are a challenge way harder than GH could ever be.

tornadog
02-22-08, 04:25 PM
i saw a guy selling the drums on Craigs list for 30 bucks.should I snag it?

Tr1cK
02-22-08, 04:46 PM
i saw a guy selling the drums on Craigs list for 30 bucks.should I snag it?
Might be borked.

They should be on sale separately really soon for about double that.

911medic
02-24-08, 12:40 AM
I heard on a podcast (PCPer? Don't remember) that the drums were going to be $80-ish. Guitar = $60-ish.

Zeta
02-24-08, 05:58 AM
I am sooo sad at how bad harmonix messed up the guitar in rock band. The guitar is just not fun to play. GH3 is just done so much better. Its not even close. I agree that the songs and DLC is better in RB. This does not change the fact that playing the guitar in RB still sucks.

Back on topic. I love playing GH3 on my Wii. I wish they would cross ship the replacement disc. My wife does not really play any games at all but she will challenge me to GH3.

Tr1cK
02-24-08, 09:39 AM
I am sooo sad at how bad harmonix messed up the guitar in rock band. The guitar is just not fun to play. GH3 is just done so much better. Its not even close. I agree that the songs and DLC is better in RB. This does not change the fact that playing the guitar in RB still sucks.

Back on topic. I love playing GH3 on my Wii. I wish they would cross ship the replacement disc. My wife does not really play any games at all but she will challenge me to GH3.

You do know that you can use the GH guitar for RB right?

Zeta
02-24-08, 07:02 PM
Wow really! Explain to me how I can use my Wii GH guitar for xbox360 RB?

My point is not how the guitar itself sucks (which it does) but that the guitar part (playing of the notes) is not fun in RB.

Tr1cK
02-24-08, 07:59 PM
Wow really! Explain to me how I can use my Wii GH guitar for xbox360 RB?

My point is not how the guitar itself sucks (which it does) but that the guitar part (playing of the notes) is not fun in RB.

If Wii Rock Band isnt out, then it's on the way soon. From the post I quoted prior, I was thinking you were referring to the 360. My bad.

My wife prefers the Rock Band guitar to the Guitar Hero ones. She doesnt like the click when strumming either.

I could care less. I don't play guitar much. I'm normally attempting drums or singing intoxicated.

Zeta
02-25-08, 01:35 AM
I agree that RB is on par with GH2. IMO GH3 > GH2 = RB (only ranking guitar). RB evens it out having 4 instruments though.

To each his own. I do agree though RB song selection is MUCH better than GH3.