PDA

View Full Version : SW-The Force Unleashed:System requirements to bring 360-PS3 version to PC too high

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jonelo
02-22-08, 02:30 PM
humm

http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=19698

GDC 2008: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The cool visual effects will be handled by the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game but The Force Unleashed will also be coming out for the Wii and we also got to see that version of the game on the big screen (the Wii version is being developed by Krome Studios. The title doesn't look half bad at all in terms of visuals and you still get to use Force powers to throw around the bad guys. Wii players will get a dual mode that will allow players to use their WiiMote as a simple light saber. This won't be a fencing simulation, according to LucasArts, so don't expect a terribly deep experience but it should be a lot of fun.

The Force Unleashed will also be coming out on the PS2, PSP and the DS, each with their own special content and features. We didn't see those versions at the GDC demo event but they will have things like historical missions for the PS2 port. LucasArts would not comment on any plans for online multiplayer for the main Xbox 360-PS3 versions. Alas, there won't be a PC version of the game; LucasArts stated that the system requirements to bring the Xbox 360-PS3 version to the PC platform would be too high (shades of Assassin's Creed which UbiSoft is actually releasing to stores).

|MaguS|
02-22-08, 02:32 PM
Is their middleware not PC aimed?

evox
02-22-08, 02:34 PM
I seriously doubt Force Unleashed is more resource hungry than Crysis =\

|MaguS|
02-22-08, 02:36 PM
I think they are trying to avoid the whole Crysis Requirements, Remember top of the line systems are the minority. They would have to make the game playable on weaker systems, I think thats what it means when they said the requirements of the PS3/X360 version would be too high.

Atleast you aren't getting half ass port or a port of the PS2 version...

evox
02-22-08, 02:40 PM
I think they are trying to avoid the whole Crysis Requirements, Remember top of the line systems are the minority. They would have to make the game playable on weaker systems, I think thats what it means when they said the requirements of the PS3/X360 version would be too high.

Atleast you aren't getting half ass port or a port of the PS2 version...
Good Point. still, it sucks that us PC gamers will miss out a great SW title :(

Destroy
02-22-08, 02:40 PM
So basically they are too lazy to do a good port. Lucasarts can go jump in the lake.

turdhat
02-22-08, 02:57 PM
They are full of crap. I think that most core2 machines with at least an 8600gt can hang with the ps3 and the 360.

K007
02-22-08, 03:07 PM
Not worth the profit for releasing on PC.

spirited1
02-22-08, 03:11 PM
I loved the original Star Wars. The new films, not so much, but the original three I love.

But god dammit, stop with the star wars games. Just ****ing stop. JUST FOR ONE GOD DAMN YEAR.

NarcissistZero
02-22-08, 03:18 PM
Not worth the profit for releasing on PC.

Yep... I'm sure they don't mean no PC can play it, what they mean is so few PCs could play it it's not worth the development cost.

Which is a shame.

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-22-08, 03:39 PM
now if it was for PS2 Wii PS3 Xbox360 PC now wich vewrsion should sell most i doubt PC would so who knows they might be doing some new SW title for PC who knows i mean to do a game like force for all platforms some of these wouldnīt sell as good as the other platforms

well anyways i donīt care too many good PC titles coming so i wonīt miss force anyways

Buio
02-22-08, 03:44 PM
Actually the graphics isn't what has impressed me most with Force Unleashed, its the animation, physics and destructible environment systems. But the graphics look good anyway for sure.

nutcrackr
02-22-08, 03:46 PM
Aka we are too lazy to scale the game back.

crainger
02-22-08, 03:51 PM
I really miss the LucasArts glory days. Sam and Max, Dott, Full Throttle, Dark Forces.

|MaguS|
02-22-08, 04:05 PM
Aka we are too lazy to scale the game back.

So you would rather have a lesser quality title then the better one? Yeah, Bull****. If they did release a scaled back version for the PC you all would bitch about how crappy of a port it would be.

nekrosoft13
02-22-08, 04:10 PM
lazy ****s, even at crysis requirements, which that game would never meet, it still woud sell good

|MaguS|
02-22-08, 04:47 PM
Man I can't wait to play this game! Looks so good!

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/17704

nutcrackr
02-22-08, 04:48 PM
So you would rather have a lesser quality title then the better one? Yeah, Bull****. If they did release a scaled back version for the PC you all would bitch about how crappy of a port it would be.
No, they put in a decent LOD system so older PCs can play it. They needn't drop the quality for high end rigs. But saying the PC requirements would be too high is just saying how they don't want to get it working on mid range systems because it would require rework on existing assets.

crainger
02-22-08, 04:48 PM
Glad I have a 360 and/or PS3. ::D:

Bokishi
02-22-08, 05:09 PM

same here

NaitoSan
02-22-08, 05:16 PM
ditto.

crainger
02-22-08, 05:18 PM
dido

Jonelo
02-22-08, 05:26 PM
dildo for Crainger

Agree

methimpikehoses
02-22-08, 05:33 PM
Agree

+1

I read an article in Vanity Fair about this game... sounds pretty sweet. The AI is supposed to be very good. I hope the wii version decent.

I don't subscribe to Vanity Fair.

crainger
02-22-08, 05:41 PM
Agree

Get out of here STALKER.

LOL @ meth subscribing to Vanity Fair.