PDA

View Full Version : Age of Conan the first directx10 MMORPG?

Nv40
02-22-08, 07:40 PM
http://www.ageofconan.com/

Im very impressed with the combat system and the graphics..

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1905.html

They say its directx10 and you can play it in many ways ..
PvP ,PvE ... You can also ride horses ,giant rhinos or others...

It was best MMORPG at E3 .. cant wait for the release..

crainger
02-22-08, 09:39 PM
Can you play as a wolf?

|MaguS|
02-22-08, 09:50 PM
Nope, I believe LOTR:O is the first with the recent update... maybe even Dark age of Camelot...

I know acouple of games recieved DX10 upgrades.

nVJoe
02-23-08, 11:47 PM
Can you play as a wolf?
NO

****ing elks...

Eliminator
02-23-08, 11:58 PM
Can you play as a wolf?
if youre thinking of ditching wolf quest for this... think again

crainger
02-24-08, 01:59 AM
::(:

jeffmd
02-24-08, 03:59 AM
If it has any dx10 features..i failed to see them. The game looks lame by todays benchmarks. During the developer walkthrough of mounts, the game was fading out objects only a few yards away from the player. Also they made the mistake of changing the day/night in realtime, revealing that the sky is pre-rendered, not not a real time cloud in sight. Also terrain in the distance had lots of jagged edges and lack fo detail, and I noticed things like the main characters cape was stuck curved, so it may not have any realtime animation to it at all.

killahsin
02-24-08, 12:04 PM
lotro has dx10. The shadows and water in dx10 lotro are awesome.

winton
02-24-08, 01:33 PM

QFT

Buio
02-24-08, 02:46 PM
If it has any dx10 features..i failed to see them. The game looks lame by todays benchmarks.

It's an mmo, meaning somewhat different standards compared to other games. Mmo's has to handle massive amount of players on screen doing different stuff possibly each in its own model/textures (Age of Conan has highly customizable character creation).

nrdstrm
02-24-08, 03:53 PM
I can't wait for AoC either. I've been following it for quite a while now. Many of my former EQ2 guild are currently playing WoW, but they are leaving for AoC when it arrives so I will be joining them again...

Nv40
02-24-08, 03:59 PM
IMHO aoc is one of the best looking MMORPG to date... looks like oblivion but online . THe water looks amazing ., many of their enviroments too.. THe ability to combat while riding horses or beast its awesome for an online game.For nothing won the title of best mmorpg at E3 , There are places that could be tweaked but over all it looks like a winner.. in graphics and gameplay. I really hope that AOC destroy all others online rpgs that still use so yesterday tech and force mmorpgs developers to take notice that people doesnt upgrade their computers for nothing and that there are so many people that really cares about next generation graphics in their game ,not just gameplay ,and make games that truly shines in the latest Dx10 cards. :)

CAnt wait..

nVJoe
02-24-08, 09:13 PM
Why is it that some of the worst games out there have really pretty water and shadows?

:D

killahsin
02-24-08, 11:00 PM
haha you mean like say half life 2? Or elders scrolls morrowind? or.... And lotro is pretty good. best mmo outside of wow.

Sgt_Pitt
02-24-08, 11:13 PM
lol suckerz

jeffmd
02-25-08, 12:23 AM
Uhh..i saw the water in the mount demonstration.. it looked about as generic as yo can get. Buio, well then it fails even harder cause as I mentioned, players and enemies faded out at a pretty short distance. Honestly it didnt seem like they needed to though, it certainly wasn't chugging on a low frame rate, but as of now, I havn't seen anything DX10 about it.

Besides having dx10 features no longer excites me... bring me a game that has a DX10 engine from the ground up. ^^

Logical
03-09-08, 10:14 PM
Just checked out the latest trailer for this at gametrailers and have to say it's looking really good.....Can't wait to have a play :)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31580.html

killahsin
03-09-08, 10:36 PM
i dont really think there will be many fuill fledged dx10 ground up games. im hearing alot of excitement about dx11. but who knows maybe there will be some dx10 ground up games.