PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft discontinues Xbox 360 HD DVD Player

AthlonXP1800
02-24-08, 06:26 AM
Microsoft to stop manufacture HD-DVD add-on for Xbox 360 and abandon HD-DVD.

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/002531_Microsoft_discontinues_Xbox_360_HD_DVD_Play er.htm

Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on is now worthless!

BioHazZarD
02-24-08, 09:02 AM
preety much lol..360 is also useless with dvd only.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-24-08, 09:48 AM
say goodbye to all the rumors of an 'ultimate xbox 360' with built in HDDVD LOL

FearMeAll
02-24-08, 10:09 AM
oh well..I have my hddvd drive and a few movies hddvd..can still play those lol..
glad as hell we have one format now..it was getting ridiculous.

Lyme
02-24-08, 01:36 PM
Microsoft to stop manufacture HD-DVD add-on for Xbox 360 and abandon HD-DVD.

http://gamerush.zoomshare.com/files/news/002531_Microsoft_discontinues_Xbox_360_HD_DVD_Play er.htm

They will actually go up in price now, because you need one to play all those hd-dvd movies that are going to go for cheap. While some will say, just go get a blu-ray player, and I will at some time. I am not paying $300-$400 for a dvd player, I'll wait till they hit the $200 mark.

einstein_314
02-24-08, 01:52 PM
So how long before they release the bluray add-on drive? :D

jeffmd
02-24-08, 02:16 PM
lyme, im not sure how many people YOU know who will buy a hd drive now to play current and older stuff.. but chances are they don't own one not because of price..but because the current library hasnt given them reason to buy one yet.

six_storm
02-24-08, 03:21 PM
So how long before they release the bluray add-on drive? :D

For real, I've been wondering this myself.

slick
02-24-08, 03:24 PM
Already been announced.

Coming May-ish.

nekrosoft13
02-24-08, 03:30 PM
say goodbye to all the rumors of an 'ultimate xbox 360' with built in HDDVD LOL

maybe ultimate will come with blu-ray drive now

Zelda_fan
02-24-08, 11:19 PM

Kind of like your penis since it never gets used.

Mr_LoL
02-25-08, 12:23 AM
Kind of like your penis since it never gets used.
:D LoL

six_storm
02-25-08, 12:26 AM
Already been announced.

Coming May-ish.

Linkage please?

kev13dd
02-25-08, 02:16 AM
They will actually go up in price now, because you need one to play all those hd-dvd movies that are going to go for cheap. While some will say, just go get a blu-ray player, and I will at some time. I am not paying $300-$400 for a dvd player, I'll wait till they hit the $200 mark.

There's still a bunch of HD-DVD movies that I wouldn't mind watching in HD. And now that everyone suddenly is ditching all HD-DVD things I can buy a player and movies for dirt cheap and get to enjoy the HD experience while I wait for Blu-Ray to come down in price

K

nekrosoft13
02-25-08, 07:32 AM
There's still a bunch of HD-DVD movies that I wouldn't mind watching in HD. And now that everyone suddenly is ditching all HD-DVD things I can buy a player and movies for dirt cheap and get to enjoy the HD experience while I wait for Blu-Ray to come down in price

K

plus later if you ever get blu-ray burner, changing those HD-DVD to Blu-ray disc is not very hard.

Lyme
02-25-08, 11:01 AM
while I wait for Blu-Ray to come down in price

K

It may be a while. As there is no competition anymore, the Blu-Ray makers might start pricing to make money.

NaitoSan
02-25-08, 11:33 AM
It may be a while. As there is no competition anymore, the Blu-Ray makers might start pricing to make money.
there's still competition between blu-ray makers. also blu-ray still has to beat dvd.

kev13dd
02-25-08, 02:27 PM
plus later if you ever get blu-ray burner, changing those HD-DVD to Blu-ray disc is not very hard.
I can't imagine a Blu-ray burner (or Blu-ray disks) are ganna be cheap. I still remember when CD burners were heck expensive, and that was when CD driver were pretty darn common and cheap

How much would you be able to copy to a Blu-ray disk from HD-DVD anyways? Isn't there a big difference in the way they handle menus and interactive crap? Would the only thing I be able to copy be the video itself (which is all I really care about anyways. Extras be damned)? Would that require me to rip everything from the HD-DVDs then burn to the Blu-ray disk? I can imagine that would take a lot of time, a lot of CPU usage, and a lot of disk space

But maybe that's getting ahead of myself- Microsoft HD-DVD drive can hook up to PC, right? They are down to 50 bucks new at some places so your idea might make it worth it to pick one up

K

nekrosoft13
02-25-08, 03:57 PM
i got my GGW-H20L for 399, well it might seem like high, but keep in mind is first 6x bd burner on market, plus it reads HD-DVD. and has amazing DVD burn quality.

i would never give that drive back