PDA

View Full Version : Meiner 360 ist caput!

ViN86
02-24-08, 02:09 PM
LOL

so i was playing COD4 and all of a sudden my game froze. so i rebooted, then it froze at the xbox screen. so i removed the disc and unplugged it to clear the RAM. then i turned it back on and i got this....

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4043/dscn0323dn9.jpg

haha oh well. i have an older version anyway, so hopefully they will upgrade my CPU/GPU to the smaller process and it will run cooler.

just upgraded my computer and just got the Orange Box, so at least ill have some games to play in the meantime.

RIP 360, you gave me hundreds of hours of gameplay. i will see you when you return. :rofl

crainger
02-24-08, 02:22 PM
Now that was thinly veiled....

S.I.N
02-24-08, 02:57 PM
I thought this only happened to Sony Fanboys and those with an agenda? They all die.:headexplode:

Schugy
02-24-08, 03:21 PM
*correctedtitle*

LordJuanlo
02-24-08, 04:12 PM
Another one bites the dust, no big surprises, this console is the biggest POS ever built (speaking from a construction viewpoint of course)

ralinn
02-24-08, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear that dude. I ended up buying an elite, repairing my busted Premium 360 and selling it. :)

At the moment, I feel like I did the right thing. The Elite has been very stable for me so far. *touch wood*

ViN86
02-24-08, 05:20 PM
I thought this only happened to Sony Fanboys and those with an agenda? They all die.:headexplode:
yea i agree LOL

*correctedtitle*
sorry, i dont speak german :(

Sorry to hear that dude. I ended up buying an elite, repairing my busted Premium 360 and selling it. :)

At the moment, I feel like I did the right thing. The Elite has been very stable for me so far. *touch wood*
ill definitely consider that. id like to get a new console with the HDMI port.

Another one bites the dust, no big surprises, this console is the biggest POS ever built (speaking from a construction viewpoint of course)
yea i love gaming on my 360, but youre right. from a construction point of view it's a POS hahaha.

ViN86
02-27-08, 11:56 AM
got an email from MS when i ordered the coffin. they said 4-6 weeks after they receive it. is the repair center backed up or this normal?

my brother went through two 360's already and it took him about 2 weeks for each.

saturnotaku
02-27-08, 12:47 PM
got an email from MS when i ordered the coffin. they said 4-6 weeks after they receive it. is the repair center backed up or this normal?

It *shouldn't* take that long.

I'll use this thread to tell my story, which ultimately led to me getting rid of the 360 all together. After having replaced 3 Pro/Premium systems due to freezing and/or RRoD, I bought a brand new Elite last summer. It worked great for about 6 months. Then all of a sudden while doing some Gears online, the system would freeze up while trying to play online. Same went for other games.

Another call to the brainless ones in Xbox support. Did the standard shipping rigamarole, got the system back about 2-3 weeks later, and instead of an Elite, they sent me a Pro. Idiots, it wasn't even a Falcon system either, no HDMI port. Another round of phone calls, send back the wrong system, get another package. They sent an Elite all right, but they didn't include a power supply, which I had returned to them. That was the last straw. Power supply comes in, hard drive gets formatted, system gets sold. In the oh, 2 months that I dealt with this, I hardly missed the machine and don't regret selling it in the slightest.

PS3 and Wii? Still going strong. In fact, I just upgraded the PS3's hard drive to 120 GB in anticipation of the rumored DVR functionality, as well as possibly installing Linux.

BTW, ViN, if you want an update on the status of your repair, have your case number handy and call (866) 506-3826. That's a number to US-based Xbox support where you'll deal with people who actually speak English as a first language.

nekrosoft13
02-27-08, 12:50 PM

they don't have any, simple as that, your console won't be repaired, you will get a new one.

MS has hardware shortages now.

ViN86
02-29-08, 01:14 PM
It *shouldn't* take that long.

I'll use this thread to tell my story, which ultimately led to me getting rid of the 360 all together. After having replaced 3 Pro/Premium systems due to freezing and/or RRoD, I bought a brand new Elite last summer. It worked great for about 6 months. Then all of a sudden while doing some Gears online, the system would freeze up while trying to play online. Same went for other games.

Another call to the brainless ones in Xbox support. Did the standard shipping rigamarole, got the system back about 2-3 weeks later, and instead of an Elite, they sent me a Pro. Idiots, it wasn't even a Falcon system either, no HDMI port. Another round of phone calls, send back the wrong system, get another package. They sent an Elite all right, but they didn't include a power supply, which I had returned to them. That was the last straw. Power supply comes in, hard drive gets formatted, system gets sold. In the oh, 2 months that I dealt with this, I hardly missed the machine and don't regret selling it in the slightest.

PS3 and Wii? Still going strong. In fact, I just upgraded the PS3's hard drive to 120 GB in anticipation of the rumored DVR functionality, as well as possibly installing Linux.

BTW, ViN, if you want an update on the status of your repair, have your case number handy and call (866) 506-3826. That's a number to US-based Xbox support where you'll deal with people who actually speak English as a first language.
thx sat. good to see you back around nvnews too :D

saturnotaku
02-29-08, 01:19 PM
NP. Good luck getting everything sorted.

Ninjaman09
02-29-08, 01:23 PM
I've somehow evaded any hardware problems but like saturn, I'm certain I would just junk the thing. I hardly use it anymore these days. It has a lot of great features but I just don't use them enough. The PS3 is starting to look pretty nice these days too; I'll probably pick one up sometime this year.

BronzeGod
02-29-08, 01:23 PM
congrats Vin! now you can join us on steam for some TF2!!!!1

ViN86
02-29-08, 11:41 PM
I've somehow evaded any hardware problems but like saturn, I'm certain I would just junk the thing. I hardly use it anymore these days. It has a lot of great features but I just don't use them enough. The PS3 is starting to look pretty nice these days too; I'll probably pick one up sometime this year.
yea, PS3 is lookin nice with BD winning and all. but all of my games are 360 and there are still a few things im not too found of on the PS3. i love gaming on my 360 so there's no way ill be selling it any time soon.

however, the possibility of getting a PS3 for linux and BD is very likely :D

and yes Bronze, i will be playing a LOT more TF2 and CS:S now that my 360 is out of commission for a while lol.