PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a PS3

Pages : [1] 2 3

nVJoe
02-24-08, 09:03 PM
I have to say I love my new PS3. I bit expensive, not as many games as I would like but the pros far out weigh the cons for me.

1. Blue-Ray is FRIKING AWESOME even on my TV at 1080i.

2. I don't play a whole lot of different games. I stick to a few and play them for a year or so.

3. When I do want to play a new game, I usually rent it.

I liked my 360 but it was so damn noisy. If you wanted to watch a movie you would hear a friking DC10 take off from your living room. Not cool. PS3 is silent.
Don't get me wrong, I loved my 360 but it isn't a PS3.

Any fan boys that actually want to give me crap about this will get a complete plastering of flameage from me. I am not a Sony fan or a Microsoft fan. I just like this product.

Amuro
02-24-08, 09:27 PM
Gratz on purchase! Did you buy any games/blu-rays?

nVJoe
02-24-08, 09:31 PM
Gratz on purchase! Did you buy any games/blu-rays?
I don't buy movies, Netflix FTW! I also mainly rent games but I did buy MX vs ATV: Untamed. That game is very much worthy of buying.

I do need some input on some games. I want the best basketball game, football, baseball and a good racing game that you can build up your car like Need For Speed Underground.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-24-08, 09:31 PM
I am about to buy a couple of Dualshock 3 controllers off of ebay :lol:

methimpikehoses
02-24-08, 09:32 PM
You should have bought a Wii. Think of the children.

nVJoe
02-24-08, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the dark side :D
I likes it. I decided to get a PS3 after Toshiba finally gave up on HD DVD. The end of the format war sold me on the PS3. 300 looks fantastic in 1080i. I can't wait for Beowulf to come out on blu-ray. I haven't seen it yet and only want to see it in hidef.

Already did that. You don't even get a tax break. :thumbdwn:

LORD-eX-Bu
02-24-08, 09:33 PM
oh, the huge manatee!

methimpikehoses
02-24-08, 09:35 PM
oh, the huge manatee!

Preach it brother.

OH well you should probably get Madden at least.

|MaguS|
02-24-08, 10:28 PM
Udawg, Look into getting the MLB Showtime games, try the demo. They are usually one of the highest rated baseball games (not many to choose from though). Racing games aren't many no the PS3 but GT5 Prolouge releases soon. You can always try F1 Championship, I loved it!

|JuiceZ|
02-24-08, 10:33 PM
Congrats Udawg, welcome to the club :D

LORD-eX-Bu
02-24-08, 10:43 PM
Udawg, Look into getting the MLB Showtime games, try the demo. They are usually one of the highest rated baseball games (not many to choose from though). Racing games aren't many no the PS3 but GT5 Prolouge releases soon. You can always try F1 Championship, I loved it!

I remember seeing the demo for that looping over and over at circuit city and it caught my eye, I'm gonna have to check that one out :D

lIqUID
02-24-08, 10:45 PM
I just grabbed a PS3 yesterday myself. I had to actually ride around a couple stores to find a 40gb model that had the Spiderman 3 Blu Ray. I'm loving it so far! The movie looked great even in 1080i, and the thing is so quiet. It absolutely blows my 360 away.

Anybody got any suggestions for any action games? I don't want any FPS games on it since I have a great PC. I was thinking maybe checking out Warhawk or something, but I couldn't find a demo.

Oh yea and Netflix is the way to go! I already have a ton of movies in queue, and maybe I'll get a few of them this week.

killahsin
02-24-08, 10:46 PM
i have burnout paradise dmc4 uncharted ratchet and clank and heavenly sword. And welcome to the club.

LORD-eX-Bu
02-24-08, 10:51 PM
+1 for DMC 4

1337_Like_ThaT
02-24-08, 10:53 PM
I am about to buy a couple of Dualshock 3 controllers off of ebay :lol:

Thats the same route I went, picked them up from a local SoCal game dealer ebay store for about $60 shipped each. Best purchase I've made lately (nana2)

Marvel_us
02-24-08, 10:54 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I've been meaning to get Uncharted and DMC4 but I've been really busy with school. I'll probably get them when spring break comes around.

Amuro
02-24-08, 11:31 PM
Bought DMC4 + bonus DVD last week. Great game, and works well with Dualshock3.

nVJoe
02-24-08, 11:31 PM
I just grabbed a PS3 yesterday myself. I had to actually ride around a couple stores to find a 40gb model that had the Spiderman 3 Blu Ray. I'm loving it so far! The movie looked great even in 1080i, and the thing is so quiet. It absolutely blows my 360 away.

Anybody got any suggestions for any action games? I don't want any FPS games on it since I have a great PC. I was thinking maybe checking out Warhawk or something, but I couldn't find a demo.

Oh yea and Netflix is the way to go! I already have a ton of movies in queue, and maybe I'll get a few of them this week.
Yeah the Spiderman 3 package was hard to find but I didn't try. I've already seen it so no biggie for me.

No kidding on the FPS. I can't stand to play them on consoles.

FYI for Netiflix, switch your account to que up Blu-ray movies. It will always ship them first and regular DVDs if the BD isn't out yet.

Congrats on the purchase. I've been meaning to get Uncharted and DMC4 but I've been really busy with school. I'll probably get them when spring break comes around.
Is Uncharted really that good? I played the demo and it was pretty cool. I like the Tomb Raider type games.

I will say I enjoyed 360's UI better. I think it is just a preference thing. I like PS3s also.

Marvel_us
02-24-08, 11:41 PM
Is Uncharted really that good? I played the demo and it was pretty cool. I like the Tomb Raider type games.

I will say I enjoyed 360's UI better. I think it is just a preference thing. I like PS3s also.

I've only played the demo as well but from what I've seen the game has some great variety in its environments which is something I like in single player games. Also, it's a great game to showcase the PS3's graphical capabilities and your TV.

nVJoe
02-24-08, 11:51 PM
I've only played the demo as well but from what I've seen the game has some great variety in its environments which is something I like in single player games. Also, it's a great game to showcase the PS3's graphical capabilities and your TV.
oh it does like nice. I need a new TV cuz I broke the screen on this one last fall. The TV works but as you can expect, it is just a bit blurry all over an of course there is a huge crack on the right side but it will have to do till I save up for a new 1080p TV. I personally think that 42 inch TVs are the perfect size. Anything bigger and it is too much for me.

no sexual joke you pigs...:D

Mr_LoL
02-25-08, 01:22 AM
I suggest getting Burnout Paradise. Its a bit confusing at first but the crashes are awesome and the city is huge with 250 miles of roads. Also try renting uncharted. Its one of the best looking games on any console.

sytaylor
02-25-08, 08:52 AM
*Feels left out*

The PS3 is purdy... but I just spent my silly money around Christmas on the PC.

Sazar
02-25-08, 09:10 AM
I have to say I love my new PS3. I bit expensive, not as many games as I would like but the pros far out weigh the cons for me.

1. Blue-Ray is FRIKING AWESOME even on my TV at 1080i.

2. I don't play a whole lot of different games. I stick to a few and play them for a year or so.

3. When I do want to play a new game, I usually rent it.

I liked my 360 but it was so damn noisy. If you wanted to watch a movie you would hear a friking DC10 take off from your living room. Not cool. PS3 is silent.
Don't get me wrong, I loved my 360 but it isn't a PS3.

Any fan boys that actually want to give me crap about this will get a complete plastering of flameage from me. I am not a Sony fan or a Microsoft fan. I just like this product.

Congrats :D

Now start folding :smoking:

-edit-

Just read your noise comment. Make sure you keep that thing ventilated. If it ever gets warm enough that the fan kicks to the next level, it will drown out every single other electronic toy you have. My ps3 has only had the fan kick on twice since I bought mine but it made my Xbox360 sound perfectly silent by comparison. No joke but however loud you think your Xbox got at max, multiply that by x2.

Keep it ventilated and cool and you'll be just fine :D

KasuCode
02-25-08, 09:31 AM
Congrats :D

Now start folding :smoking:

-edit-

Just read your noise comment. Make sure you keep that thing ventilated. If it ever gets warm enough that the fan kicks to the next level, it will drown out every single other electronic toy you have. My ps3 has only had the fan kick on twice since I bought mine but it made my Xbox360 sound perfectly silent by comparison. No joke but however loud you think your Xbox got at max, multiply that by x2.

Keep it ventilated and cool and you'll be just fine :D

I kinda want to block the air flow just to hear how loud the fan gets now....

Sazar
02-25-08, 09:34 AM
When summer comes around, I would just let it heat up. Don't block vents.

Austin has had really weird weather over the past few months, a couple of days, I left for work with my windows open since it was a lovely 55F, came back home and it was over 80F and the PS3 was whining away. Since it sits in the same room as my PC, I thought, oh, maybe the PC is hotter than ever but nope, it was the PS3.