PDA

View Full Version : *HOT DEAL* Zalman CPU Heatsinks

UberRN69
02-25-08, 11:14 AM
Some people here might already be familar with SharkaComputers.com, they're one of the only online etailers that sells replacement Zalman parts (fans, attachment kits, etc.), in fact I found them via a link on Zalman's support page.

I was snooping aroung ebay looking for a Zalman CNPS9700 and I found that these guys have an ebay store that they sell refurbished HS for almost 1/2 off. Here's the link:http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsharkacomputers

I was originally just going to stick with my older Zalman 7700, but for $35 plus $6.40 shipping, I was able to pick up a 9700 LED.

Anyway... for those on a budget getting a refub HS might be the way to go.

I know ebay auctions are no-no's to post, BUT these are all 'buy it now' only. Plus, it's a store and not an auction

UberRN69
02-26-08, 11:16 AM
I was just going to mention also, that if they are out of the heatsink that you were looking for, check back again. It appears that the only thing these guys sell at the ebay store are Zalman refurbed HS and power supplies.

Also check out their regular web site. They are selling a Zalman VF1000 vga heatsink for $45, which is the best price I found out there. I'm torn between the the VF1000 and the Thermaltake DualOrb. Yes... I know the Thermalright HR-03 Plus is the best, but after you buy an additional fan, it's big and exspensive.

Technoholic
02-26-08, 03:31 PM
Refurbished? I don't know if I would go for it.

UberRN69
02-27-08, 11:49 AM
Refurbished? I don't know if I would go for it.

Well you do take a bit a of a chance, but since the only moving part on a heatsink is the fan, it shouldn't be that risky. The 9700 that I ordered should be here by tomorrow, I will post back as far as the condition. These guys have sold quite a few of these and everyone seems happy so far. One feedback said it was "just like new". For half off I won't complain a bit for a refurb.

marqmajere
02-27-08, 01:40 PM
$11 for shipping?!?! Ebay sellers gouge you hard sometimes.

UberRN69
02-27-08, 10:18 PM
$11 for shipping?!?! Ebay sellers gouge you hard sometimes.

They also let you choose to go USPS Priority Mail for $6.40, which is about as good as you could get from Newegg (they are heavy).

SLippe
02-27-08, 10:21 PM
Plus, don't they have a 3 year warranty? I reallly don't see much risk with these.

EDIT: I was looking at the auction for the CNPS9700 NT and I'm not real clear it comes with the fanmate or not.

UberRN69
02-27-08, 11:11 PM
Plus, don't they have a 3 year warranty? I reallly don't see much risk with these.

EDIT: I was looking at the auction for the CNPS9700 NT and I'm not real clear it comes with the fanmate or not.

The CNPS9700 NT DOES not come with a fan mate. It has the 4pin PWM connector which you would use the motherboard's built-in control.

If you wait I'm sure they will have some 9700LED's again soon (they come with the fanmate).

SLippe
02-27-08, 11:17 PM
The CNPS9700 NT DOES not come with a fan mate. It has the 4pin PWM connector which you would use the motherboard's built-in control.

If you wait I'm sure they will have some 9700LED's again soon (they come with the fanmate).
Thanks. Nah, I don't care about the LEDs, my case doesn't have a window anyways.

marqmajere
02-27-08, 11:30 PM
They also let you choose to go USPS Priority Mail for $6.40, which is about as good as you could get from Newegg (they are heavy).

That 11 bucks WAS with usps where I live. :D

It's still quite a bit cheaper than retail. My complaint was with ebay sellers and the way they jack up shipping costs.