PDA

View Full Version : Cold cathode, lighted fans, both?

digitalwanderer
04-27-03, 03:36 PM
I'm just curious what everyone here has/doesn't have on their rigs. I picked up a cheap tri-color 80mm for Bubbles side hole that I thought looked kewl/pretty, so I added a green CC just lying in her front empty bays and casting some gorgeous shadows on me big "Bubbles" sticker under the desk. (Loooooong story.)

I'm seriously considering picking up a couple of blue LED 80mm for Blue's chimney and another for her front fan so she glows blue from the top, and my son is still trying to decide on what kind of fan he wants to make his blowhole out of. (He's gonna be 6, it's about time he started to learn how to mod his own box... ;) )

Is it just silly vanity, or is it silly vanity that's ok since it also provides a handy night-light? (Bubbles puts out a LOT of light now... :D )

vampireuk
04-27-03, 03:38 PM
Well I have the fans as you can see in the post your PC thread. I also have a cold cathode lying around, I'll stick that in when I get the Audigy 2. The threes fans alone are giving it a nice blue blow. I'll vote when the cathode is in too:cool:

Edit: Coolermaster (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=42161) LED Fan, I swear by these things now :) I have three of them in my rig at the moment and they are doing a pretty damn good job at keeping it cool. Plus the one facing me keeps me cool too:D

digitalwanderer
04-27-03, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Well I have the fans as you can see in the post your PC thread. I also have a cold cathode lying around, I'll stick that in when I get the Audigy 2. The threes fans alone are giving it a nice blue blow. I'll vote when the cathode is in too:cool:

Edit: Coolermaster (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=42161) LED Fan, I swear by these things now :) I have three of them in my rig at the moment and they are doing a pretty damn good job at keeping it cool. Plus the one facing me keeps me cool too:D

Thanks for the fan tip, I just picked up a $5us Antec...but it's been doing the job REAL proper for me and it's surprisingly quiet too! (The mesh backside addition to the case probably helped too... :rolleyes: )

jAkUp
04-27-03, 04:01 PM
i have both.. but sometimes its a little bright... so i hooked up a little homemade switch:) you can see my rig in the post your pc section too

The Baron
04-27-03, 04:06 PM
Those CM fans that Vamp posted are THE ****. I have 3 in my box... MY GOD I LOVE THEM! :D

Gator
04-29-03, 03:58 PM
i say the more the better, it's silly but it's fun to have lots of lights in your PC. Impresses your friends :rolleyes: :D

Smokey
04-29-03, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Gator
Impresses your friends :rolleyes: :D

I dont have any friends and my wife dont care at all for my pc, just as long as the internet is working :p

Rampant CL
05-01-03, 07:10 AM
I've got 3 trilight fans off directron, one front, one back and one window. Ive also got a blue and a red cc off a single inverter, and a UV one off a second inverter (for a uv scorpion window etch). As it looks ridiculous with everything on at once ive st arted making a switch with a sound transducer to keep either the UV cc, or the other 2 cc's on, or in sound controlled mode, but not both at once.