PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots PS3 Bundle

Pages : [1] 2

emacs
02-26-08, 01:19 PM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/26/destination-playstation-news-mgs-ps3-bundle-kratos-psp-and-dualshock3-release-date-by/

"To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller for $499.99 (MSRP)."

Feyy
02-26-08, 01:30 PM
WOW, if i saw that in the shops here in euroland with that price tag in euros, id buy it hands down.

crainger
02-26-08, 02:28 PM
How will you carry it out of the store with your hands down?

Rakeesh
02-26-08, 02:54 PM

Telepathy, dummy.

Ninjaman09
02-26-08, 03:10 PM
Telepathy, dummy.
That's telekinesis, holmes.

OldOfEvil
02-26-08, 05:35 PM
Might have to get a PS3..

|MaguS|
02-26-08, 06:01 PM
Just as a heads up, The PS3 included in the bundle is backwards compatible.

Feyy
02-26-08, 06:21 PM

http://www.caveyourtrolls.com/img3.jpg

Lol i couldn't resist, just like you :p

crainger
02-26-08, 06:49 PM
I carried mine out on my enormous hot-for-Sony erection.

Mr. Hunt
02-26-08, 09:26 PM
Yeah it is a great deal... amazing game, amazing system, and the dual shock controller... pretty sweet.

six_storm
02-26-08, 10:46 PM
Why bundle the PS3 with MGS? The only MGS worth playing IMO is the first one. There are plenty of other games to bundle a PS3 with instead of that mess.

S.I.N
02-27-08, 02:12 AM
Why bundle the PS3 with MGS? The only MGS worth playing IMO is the first one. There are plenty of other games to bundle a PS3 with instead of that mess.

Being that you played it can you give us a bit of info? And please wipe off the ****marks before you do.:o

Am_I_Evil
02-27-08, 03:46 AM
Being that you played it can you give us a bit of info? And please wipe off the ****marks before you do.:o

why only pick on him? Hunt said it was an amazing game yet he hasn't played it either...

unless they both have some crazy connections they are both talking out of their ass...

glObalist
02-27-08, 04:02 AM
So will this be sold in Europe at all? And is it the slim 45nm version by any chance?

Marvel_us
02-27-08, 07:54 AM

There are a lot of people that are waiting on MGS4 to buy a PS3. I think this is a smart move by Sony.

six_storm
02-27-08, 09:12 AM

You're right, I haven't so let me rephrase. Why are they bundling the PS3 with a game that LOOKS like it sucks balls? The other MGS games (minus the first one) sucked balls so I'm guessing this one will too.

Better now?

Mr. Hunt
02-27-08, 10:04 AM
You're right, I haven't so let me rephrase. Why are they bundling the PS3 with a game that LOOKS like it sucks balls? The other MGS games (minus the first one) sucked balls so I'm guessing this one will too.

Better now?

You actually played part 3 and hated it? Or just based it off trailers? If you actually played it and disliked it, then I strongly disagree with you as I feel it was the best in the series, and I have been playing since the original Metal Gear (not just Solid)... but if you are just basing it off trailers, I beg you to actually play it first.

saturnotaku
02-27-08, 10:10 AM
I never liked MGS, but this is a smart move on Sony's part. Lots of folks are certainly holding out on a PS3 purchase until MGS 4's release, so why not put it all together in a nice package? In terms of perceived value for the price, this is a strong combination.

six_storm
02-27-08, 10:20 AM
You actually played part 3 and hated it? Or just based it off trailers? If you actually played it and disliked it, then I strongly disagree with you as I feel it was the best in the series, and I have been playing since the original Metal Gear (not just Solid)... but if you are just basing it off trailers, I beg you to actually play it first.

Yeah, I've played the 3rd one and I couldn't get into it TBH.

Mr. Hunt
02-27-08, 10:21 AM
Ok... just wanted to at least make sure you tried it before trashing it.

ViN86
02-27-08, 10:23 AM
why only pick on him? Hunt said it was an amazing game yet he hasn't played it either...

unless they both have some crazy connections they are both talking out of their ass...
because S.I.N. just attacks viewpoints that dont match his own.

Yeah, I've played the 3rd one and I couldn't get into it TBH.
im actually a big fan of the Metal Gear series. enjoyed the first and second games thoroughly. havent played the third yet :(

is there BC on the 80GB?

|MaguS|
02-27-08, 10:33 AM
is there BC on the 80GB?
Yes but its software emulated, MGS3 suffers slow down.

saturnotaku
02-27-08, 10:40 AM
is there BC on the 80GB?

Software BC, but yeah it's there. Don't have a list handy of all the titles, but all MGS games have to be on it. I don't really worry about it since my PS3 has hardware BC (which since FW 2.0 is really fabulous).

ViN86
02-27-08, 11:59 AM
Yes but its software emulated, MGS3 suffers slow down.
awww, booo.

1337_Like_ThaT
02-27-08, 06:10 PM
Very smart move on Sony's part indeed as Marvel said. I think this will help push PS3 sales above xbox 360 for a few months