PDA

View Full Version : Good Value Printer for Vista

Blacklash
02-27-08, 10:35 AM
Anyone have a printer they would recommend for use under Vista? Looking for price vs performance. It will mainly be used to blast out black&white documents.

I also looking for one that is reliable and doesn't drink ink like no tomorrow.

I am asking because my old Epson finally died.

dxx
02-27-08, 11:37 AM
The lower rung of Samsung's laser printers are fantastic. I can't vouch for Vista compatibility (never tried; I have mine hooked up to an XP box, but check their website out), but the print quality is excellent, speed is far, far faster than any inkjet I've fingered, and running costs are practically nil, since toner refills can be bought on a 3rd party basis.

To make some sort of example of costs involved, since I bought my ML1510 around three years ago, it's done some 1200 pages (it'll tell you the number on the printer test page, which is neat), and it's been refilled once, with about half a bottle of toner refill. The bottle itself cost 10, including delivery, making each page cost something under a penny to print. The printer itself cost only 40, too, which shouldn't work out at anything more than about $50 in USD. Highly recommended.

DRen72
02-27-08, 05:17 PM
Lower end Canon's are excellent. I use a i560 (older model) and its been great.

Dr.Nick
02-28-08, 11:54 AM
I picked up a Dell 1100 laser printer a while back and its been great. The toner lasts forever, its fast, and it supports vista x86 and x64. They have a newer model right now -the 1110- that should be even better and it still costs $99.

jeffmd
02-28-08, 02:35 PM
what wont work in vista? ^^