PDA

View Full Version : What paint sticks to the sheet metal on side of Cosmos 1000?

RaidenWoW
02-27-08, 07:45 PM
Could I use acrylic paint?

Long story short, I want to print out a design (on paper), cut it out, and spray paint it on the side of my cosmos.

2nd question is: what paint would overlap the color below it?

I'm thinking a 2-step design. Kind of 3 dimensional. I'll spray on the shadow of the design in black, and then I'll spray the design on front.

bacon12
02-27-08, 10:57 PM
I always use epoxy. Very durable and fast recoat! Are you airbrushing or spraying over the stencil?

White over black would pop, but what would match your color scheme wold answer your ?

Zapablast05
02-28-08, 01:29 AM
Enamel. Enamel sticks to anything, don't ask me how I know:bleh:

RaidenWoW
02-28-08, 04:17 PM
I'm probably going to do acrylic spraying over a stencil. I want something that will come off if I scrub it off (you know in case I mess up or I don't like the design).

I don't want it to be a tattoo.. just a temporary tattoo.

bacon12
02-28-08, 04:36 PM
Acrylic is what I use for exterior house repaints 99 % of the time. It doesn't come off easy, and has a 50 yr warranty. Never used it on metal, and not sure what to suggest for easy removal.

XDanger
02-28-08, 04:40 PM
What was it that pink pc guy used, Modelers paint or something??

You want Matt or Gloss?

You could always paint onto a sheet of good quality adhesive stuff. (I still haven't taken the plastic off my p180)

Zapablast05
02-28-08, 05:02 PM
If you want to be able to just clean it off, go with some cans of Krylon Acrylic H2O.