PDA

View Full Version : Kane and Lynch Dead Men "laggy" in vista

asd
02-29-08, 02:34 AM
My Kane and Lynch Dead Men run like crap and I feel "laggy" every 3 second, but I didn't see any patch from the official so I hope someone can tell me how to fix this problem. (if possible) :(
thank you. :)

My PC spec:
video card: 8800GTX
cpu: E6600@3.2G
RAM: 4GB - DDR800

AthlonXP1800
02-29-08, 03:05 AM
Kane and Lynch Dead Men ran smooth on mine, never had laggy. Maybe it could be your mouse lagging or you didnt updated to Vista SP1?

Bokishi
02-29-08, 03:43 AM
I get bad lag in K&L as well, I think it doesn't like e6600s.

LordJuanlo
02-29-08, 03:59 AM
If you have small pauses every 3 or 4 seconds you may have a logitech keyboard and/or mouse, this game has issues with logitech drivers (just like FEAR). The only way to get rid of the intermitent lag is to disable HID devices at device manager. You can enable them again after you finish playing.

Eidos promised a patch 3 months ago but there is nothing right now.

NarcissistZero
02-29-08, 05:18 AM
I get the lag as well, but never got around to trying to fix it. Quite a few games do this on Vista, I always assumed it was some kind of streaming problem. Gears of War has a quickie fix with an .ini streaming change, maybe such a thing would work for Kane and Lynch?

eXeraZoR
02-29-08, 06:17 AM
I have the same problem.
it lags every 3 to 4 seconds

Disabling the HID Devices dont helped!

Hardware is_

Logitech diNovoEdge
MX Revolution
8800 GTX

Hope they bring a patch soon!

I cant play the game because of this problem.

I tried everything with changing AUDIO Settings Ingame and change default settings to minimum. But always i get the lags.

AthlonXP1800
02-29-08, 07:02 AM
The only lag solution is switch to standard Microsoft keyboard and mouse.

LordJuanlo
02-29-08, 07:50 AM
I also have a DiNovo Edge, I disabled ALL HID devices and the lag was gone in this game

asd
02-29-08, 08:33 AM
I also have a DiNovo Edge, I disabled ALL HID devices and the lag was gone in this game
Too bad! I really hope that eidos can release a patch for this issue, even i disable all HID devices I still the lag still occur.
I am using the logitech G7 + G15.

saturnotaku
02-29-08, 09:13 AM
Too bad! I really hope that eidos can release a patch for this issue, even i disable all HID devices I still the lag still occur.

Don't count on it. The game is already starting to show up in the Target clearance bin. Once that happens, most other retailers shouldn't be far behind in wanting to clear out their stock. It's exactly what happened with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and TimeShift.

JaxMacFL
02-29-08, 09:29 AM
My Kane and Lynch Dead Men run like crap and I feel "laggy" every 3 second, but I didn't see any patch from the official so I hope someone can tell me how to fix this problem. (if possible) :(
thank you. :)

My PC spec:
video card: 8800GTX
cpu: E6600@3.2G
RAM: 4GB - DDR800

You might try this and see if it helps:

With nvidia 174.16 drivers, go to Nvidia Contro Panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings tab > Maximum pre-rendered frames > set to '1' and hit Apply.

With RivaTuner, Main tab > Driver Settings > Customize.... > DirectDraw and 3D settings icon > VSync tab > Prerender limit > set to '1' and hit Apply.

In OpenGL the lowest setting is '2'.

Hope that helps.

NarcissistZero
02-29-08, 04:03 PM
Don't count on it. The game is already starting to show up in the Target clearance bin. Once that happens, most other retailers shouldn't be far behind in wanting to clear out their stock. It's exactly what happened with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and TimeShift.

It's a shame even good games don't sell sometimes... STALKER and TimeShift were both awesome, and Kane and Lynch is actuall pretty good (in my opinion), though not nearly as good as those other two.

My Target clearence bin had Tabula Rasa and Golden Compass last time I was there, which deserve to be there...

3DBrad
02-29-08, 05:54 PM
Eidos would like to give you $80 to tell everyone it's not laggy, and looks and plays awesome.

/Gamespot

ClosetFanBoy
02-29-08, 05:56 PM
I actually had no probs with it under zee Vista.

It was kinda fun actually. But some parts looked like sheer ass.

K-1
03-01-08, 06:28 PM
Picked up Kane and Lynch in the bargain bins for $20 and yea, it was pretty fun. Awful, awful ending(s) though, and far too short.

asd
03-03-08, 02:54 AM
You might try this and see if it helps:

With nvidia 174.16 drivers, go to Nvidia Contro Panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings tab > Maximum pre-rendered frames > set to '1' and hit Apply.

With RivaTuner, Main tab > Driver Settings > Customize.... > DirectDraw and 3D settings icon > VSync tab > Prerender limit > set to '1' and hit Apply.

In OpenGL the lowest setting is '2'.

Hope that helps.

Still getting the annoying "LAG", I guess this game hate Vista or my Logitech keyboard and mouse. :(

eXeraZoR
03-03-08, 12:51 PM
still getting lag
same here

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 07:35 AM
Still getting the annoying "LAG", I guess this game hate Vista or my Logitech keyboard and mouse. :(

its logitech fault, it might help a bit if you uninstall all their drivers

LordJuanlo
03-04-08, 11:07 AM
As i said before, you don't need to uninstall drivers, but just disable Logitech HID devices on control panel before playing. It works, and it's the official workaround developers have stated until a patch fixes it (if it's ever released).

Here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=73315)'s the full thread at Eidos support-called forums

G-Man
03-05-08, 03:50 PM
yeah i've noticed the laggyness in vista 64-bit also, im running 8800 GTS 640 with QX6700 :/ i think this is a vista 64-bit issue

LordJuanlo
03-06-08, 03:43 AM
Nope, XP users with Logitech mice and/or keyboards are suffering it too. It's similar to F.E.A.R. problem