PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY Edition for $22

six_storm
03-01-08, 11:31 AM
So I was looking at EBGames last night and I realized that I never really got far into that game. I always played through the first hour and quit. EBGames had a used 360 copy for $55 but I sure as heck wasn't paying that. So I came home and checked out eBay. Somebody had a PC copy of the GOTY Edition for $20! I bid an extra $2 on it and won!

Can't wait to get this and (maybe) finally get into the game.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-01-08, 12:47 PM
its a good game, save the dark brotherhood and thieves guild for last :D

mojoman0
03-01-08, 12:49 PM
haha I just reinstalled yesterday.

six_storm
03-01-08, 01:21 PM
I was trying to decide between this game and renewing my account to WoW. I just knew that I wouldn't have enough time for WoW right now.

six_storm
03-05-08, 03:13 PM
Ok guys. I've been playing for a little bit and apparently I suck at this game lol. I've been trying to do some side missions in order to get gold, which will lead to better weapons, but none of them are working as planned. For example, there is the first side mission about following Thornion, the elf dude who undercuts prices and sells stuff for cheap. I know I'm supposed to follow him but everytime he leaves his store, he goes straight to the Inn and doesn't meet with the guy in the garden. WTF?

Any other tips and suggestions I should do to get gold? And don't tell me to cheat . . .

ALSO! What is the best texture pack for this game? Textures are a bit cheap looking . . .

methimpikehoses
03-05-08, 03:17 PM
Ok guys. I've been playing for a little bit and apparently I suck at this game lol. I've been trying to do some side missions in order to get gold, which will lead to better weapons, but none of them are working as planned. For example, there is the first side mission about following Thornion, the elf dude who undercuts prices and sells stuff for cheap. I know I'm supposed to follow him but everytime he leaves his store, he goes straight to the Inn and doesn't meet with the guy in the garden. WTF?

Any other tips and suggestions I should do to get gold? And don't tell me to cheat . . .

ALSO! What is the best texture pack for this game? Textures are a bit cheap looking . . .

Just go to the garden and wait until midnight... then the deal will go down.

six_storm
03-05-08, 03:51 PM
Just go to the garden and wait until midnight... then the deal will go down.

Thanks! I just started a new game so I'll have a little better chance to get more cash and get more of the side missions done first.

Arioch
03-05-08, 03:51 PM

Read through this website and make note of what texture packs and improvements would be best for your system.

http://devnull.devakm.googlepages.com/obliviontextureoverhaul

Madpistol
03-05-08, 05:18 PM
Best way IMO to get gold is alchemy. Putting stuff together to make potions and selling those potions makes A TON of gold. You can easily raise enough money to buy a house in every city, horses, and just about anything else your heart desires. Just make sure you're in the mages guild. ;)

six_storm
03-05-08, 05:53 PM
Can you only join one guild or can you join them all?

Camp0rz
03-05-08, 05:56 PM
Really.. none of the stores sell any good weapons. Just do the quests to level up which will in turn give you good weapons through leveled loot.

edit: all of them, six storm.

methimpikehoses
03-05-08, 06:00 PM
Go track down Umbra's sword. There's an exploit you can use to kill her with some simple magic attacks if you stand on top of a pillar. Her sword is 1337.

Destroy
07-22-08, 10:55 AM
Place your bets. Place your bets.

Curious how far six_storm got in this game this time around. Still play for an hour or 2 and then quit?

ViN86
07-22-08, 10:58 AM

Curious how far six_storm got in this game this time around. Still play for an hour or 2 and then quit?

Ha! You know it!

ViN86
07-22-08, 08:49 PM
Ha! You know it!

six_storm
07-22-08, 08:50 PM

I got about half way through and then started my job lol. :(

vin - Double fail for you tiger! ;)

methimpikehoses
07-22-08, 08:53 PM
Thanks! I just started a new game so I'll have a little better chance to get more cash and get more of the side missions done first.

Bearclaw
07-22-08, 09:04 PM
I battled in the Arena in the IMperial City and got all my money that way. It was super easy.

methimpikehoses
07-22-08, 09:06 PM
I battled in the Arena in the IMperial City and got all my money that way. It was super easy.

Bearclaw
07-22-08, 09:13 PM

Ya, also, work your way up in that Arena side mission. I forget how many battles there are exactly but after a few you can battle the "king battle d00d" and if you win then your top dawg. As you walk around anywhere in the game, people start talking about you, etc. It's kind of neat, and you have money from it too. :)

methimpikehoses
07-22-08, 09:17 PM
Ya, also, work your way up in that Arena side mission. I forget how many battles there are exactly but after a few you can battle the "king battle d00d" and if you win then your top dawg. As you walk around anywhere in the game, people start talking about you, etc. It's kind of neat, and you have money from it too. :)

Ha! I battled in the Arena in the Imperial City and got all my money that way. It was super easy.

Bearclaw
07-22-08, 09:45 PM
Ha! I battled in the Arena in the Imperial City and got all my money that way. It was super easy.

??

ViN86
07-22-08, 11:51 PM
I got about half way through and then started my job lol. :(

vin - Double fail for you tiger! ;)

:D