PDA

View Full Version : Fake processors?

Pages : [1] 2

Zapablast05
03-01-08, 11:57 PM
Ok, my friend says he has a Q6600, but when I asked him about the model code, he gave it to me. He said it's BX80562Q6600. That's it. Nothing else. Shouldn't there be a stepping model after the Q6600 part, at least a B3? Instead, he has nothing on it at all. I think he's lying, because he's showing me pictures of the C2Q logo, but it looks like he took a picture of it from a website or something. So do fake processors exist because there is no stepping?

evox
03-02-08, 12:03 AM
Ok, my friend says he has a Q6600, but when I asked him about the model code, he gave it to me. He said it's BX80562Q6600. That's it. Nothing else. Shouldn't there be a stepping model after the Q6600 part, at least a B3? Instead, he has nothing on it at all. I think he's lying, because he's showing me pictures of the C2Q logo, but it looks like he took a picture of it from a website or something. So do fake processors exist because there is no stepping?
why do you care? :D

Amuro
03-02-08, 12:10 AM
If you see SLACR after the PROD code then it's G0.
http://images0.hiboox.com/images/3307/noxwhfja.jpg

LORD-eX-Bu
03-02-08, 12:12 AM
uh no, it says it on the heatspreader.

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 12:13 AM
why do you care? :D

Because I want to show him how much of a retard he is and that he should be tarred and feathered and run through a turbine.

If you see SLACR after the PROD code then it's G0.
http://images0.hiboox.com/images/3307/noxwhfja.jpg

I know that, but his just says BX80562Q6600.

Amuro
03-02-08, 12:16 AM
Because I want to show him how much of a retard he is and that he should be tarred and feathered and run through a turbine.

I know that, but his just says BX80562Q6600.
That's the Box Order Code.
Take a look at this:
http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLACR

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 12:28 AM
So even though it doesn't say SLACR, G0, or B3 at the end, it's still a G0?

Amuro
03-02-08, 12:42 AM
So even though it doesn't say SLACR, G0, or B3 at the end, it's still a G0?
On the box label, it has to either say SLACR, for G0, or SL9UM, for B3. On the CPU heat spreader, it says the stepping as well.

dxx
03-02-08, 09:33 AM
Anyone else imagining an MSN converstion like this being the stimulus behind this thread?

Zap: Hi
nerd: hi
zap: s'up?
nerd: lol not much
nerd: jst been playin' w/ my new cpu lol
zap: wat u get?
nerd: q6600 lol
zap: o noes i just bought 1 of them 2
nerd: lol
zap: i think ur liing to me
nerd: uh? lol
zap: proove it
nerd: prove that ur a nerdy loser who either sufficiently socially inept that you must surround yourself with friends that are untrustworthy as it is the favourable alternative to lonliness, or that you're so paranoid and envious of your peers, perhaps due to some deep-rooted insecurity issues, that you'd accuse anyone that you see as a rival to you in your chosen domain as a fraud? lol
zap: :@ am gonna get nvnews on u
zap: *blocks nerd*
zap: *cries*

lduguay
03-02-08, 09:39 AM
dxx :hug: zap

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 12:44 PM
Lol hahaha. I don't even use MSN.

No, it's because he called me one day telling me he can't go higher than 2.7GHz on a Q6600 on an Asus Maximus Formula with a TT Blue orb 2. I was like, wtf that's kinda weird. So I asked him what his product code is on the box's sticker, and he stalled and then replied and said "Hold on, I'm playing Crysis online. Wait 5 minutes." So I run 3DMark to kill time (8 min, lol) and ask him again, and he said, "I gotta go to the hospital, something happened to a family member and we all gotta go." I just told him, "Alright man, I'm not gonna call BS on that because **** happens, but you better tell me tomorrow."

So, I texted him last night and he was like, "BX80562Q6600." I was like, "You lied to me. You don't have a Q6600." And he was like, "How the **** can you tell?" And I said he has no stepping after the Prod Code. Then he got all mad and ranted off and I laughed.

dxx
03-02-08, 01:02 PM
Lol hahaha. I don't even use MSN.

No, it's because he called me one day telling me he can't go higher than 2.7GHz on a Q6600 on an Asus Maximus Formula with a TT Blue orb 2. I was like, wtf that's kinda weird. So I asked him what his product code is on the box's sticker, and he stalled and then replied and said "Hold on, I'm playing Crysis online. Wait 5 minutes." So I run 3DMark to kill time (8 min, lol) and ask him again, and he said, "I gotta go to the hospital, something happened to a family member and we all gotta go." I just told him, "Alright man, I'm not gonna call BS on that because **** happens, but you better tell me tomorrow."

So, I texted him last night and he was like, "BX80562Q6600." I was like, "You lied to me. You don't have a Q6600." And he was like, "How the **** can you tell?" And I said he has no stepping after the Prod Code. Then he got all mad and ranted off and I laughed.

Jesus, man. I don't know who's worse - him for exhibiting such blatant f*cktardery, or you for not shooting him.

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 01:39 PM
Jesus, man. I don't know who's worse - him for exhibiting such blatant f*cktardery, or you for not shooting him.

I'll see him tomorrow..

dxx
03-02-08, 03:28 PM
I'll see him tomorrow..

*ruffles hair*

Lenin
03-02-08, 04:36 PM
Just give your "friend" a nice, thorough enema and see if he still claims the same after it :D

ViN86
03-02-08, 05:14 PM
what the hell is the point of this thread?

just have him upload a verified CPU-Z readout and have him send you the URL.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323707

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 05:23 PM
Just give your "friend" a nice, thorough enema and see if he still claims the same after it :D

I don't even know why I called him my friend, haha. He's a douche bag liar. I hate when people that I know lie about their parts.

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 05:25 PM
what the hell is the point of this thread?

just have him upload a verified CPU-Z readout and have him send you the URL.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323707

I tried that, the **** didn't want to tell me anything. He was like, "that website doesn't exist."

I gave him the program in person, and he said he lost it....in a flash drive. He ran that OEM copy of 3DMark06 that he said came with the Asus Maximus Formula and I asked him what settings is it on, and what resolution, and he didn't want to tell me.

ViN86
03-02-08, 05:26 PM
I tried that, the **** didn't want to tell me anything. He was like, "that website doesn't exist."

I gave him the program in person, and he said he lost it....in a flash drive. He ran that OEM copy of 3DMark06 that he said came with the Asus Maximus Formula and I asked him what settings is it on, and what resolution, and he didn't want to tell me.
clearly the answer is you should stop talking to this person, no matter who he/she is. lol

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 05:27 PM
clearly the answer is you should stop talking to this person, no matter who he/she is. lol

I stopped talking to him last night, hahaha.

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 05:34 PM
So, with all this said, would you come to the conclusion to say he lied about having a Q6600?

j0j081
03-02-08, 06:20 PM
I get the point of this thread. Haven't you guys ever known someone who for whatever reason lies about things they have to make themselves sound cooler? It's the kind of thing that goes on in grade school all the time but certain people never grow out of it. I think the op just wanted proof his friend was lying as he has probably done before.

Zapablast05
03-02-08, 07:05 PM
I get the point of this thread. Haven't you guys ever known someone who for whatever reason lies about things they have to make themselves sound cooler? It's the kind of thing that goes on in grade school all the time but certain people never grow out of it. I think the op just wanted proof his friend was lying as he has probably done before.

I don't lie about the parts I have. But I never believed him at all. His life is full of fail, lol.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-02-08, 07:35 PM
I hate compulsive/pathological liars, I've met a few in my days, I hate them all and avoid them like the plague. I doubt he was playing crysis either lol.

crainger
03-02-08, 08:04 PM
I hate compulsive/pathological liars, I've met a few in my days, I hate them all and avoid them like the plague. I doubt he was playing crysis either lol.

I had a friend who was a Compulsive liar. He couldn't tell the truth about anything, even basic stuff we had just done was jazzed up a few minutes later. He'd even lie about stuff I'd done in class that day. "He dude remember that time you went outside and came back in wearing a hat?". I mean I'm THE crainger, but I was a good boy in school.