PDA

View Full Version : My new love is Vista Hoorah

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Drolfrawd
03-02-08, 01:34 PM
Since the release of SP1 , My new love is Vista Hoorah.

This operating system is beginning to Rock.

I hated it it at first, but now it is starting to come of age.

All you xp dawgs get with the program and convert.

RaidenWoW
03-02-08, 01:39 PM
I would not trust this guy. He spelled dogs wrong. He's probably one of those Microsoft employees trying to act like our friends and make us come over to the dark side.

Drolfrawd
03-02-08, 01:43 PM
I have candy and puppies , how could i be a Microsoft gook!

XDanger
03-02-08, 01:44 PM
If spelt correctly it would have sounded like "capitalist dogs!!"

Dragunov
03-02-08, 03:30 PM
Well even with Vista, the OS sometimes hangs and crashes, so I need to press the reset

crainger
03-02-08, 05:01 PM
Well even with Vista, the OS sometimes hangs and crashes, so I need to press the reset

LIES!!

ViN86
03-02-08, 05:22 PM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9646/doingitwrong6sv4.jpg

AngelGraves13
03-02-08, 05:59 PM
I've never had a BSOD in Vista. Well...actually once, when I installed Creative's X-Fi drivers off the Vista disc that came with it. Since the new drivers, not a single blue screen. Sure, programs have crashed and hanged and what not, but not so much as of late. Updates and patches seemed to have fixed 99.9% of all crashes and bugs. Some programs are too old to warrant a fix and we just have to move on to newer programs.

Anyone who is annoyed by Vista's UAC but wants to leave it on can switch it to silent mode with this http://www.tweak-uac.com/what-is-tweak-uac/

I've been using it and it's like XP's behaviour where it doesn't ask permission anymore. It's great!

Drolfrawd
03-02-08, 06:26 PM

Remember , back to my first post , i said with SP1 , simple concept really

UAC must be switched off, as annoying an crap. Other wise i have made it my own , with my simple tweaks and preferences.

Xp was my baby , but now i have moved on and loving vista , even my games look more crisp, and all I @m
using is 6600GT.

No Vista has had a bad press , but warranted or not , it doesn't deserve to be merwanged anymore.

Vista is rocking on MY rigg

Mr Bigman
03-02-08, 06:38 PM
Im doing great here at Bigmans.

crainger
03-02-08, 07:49 PM
Im doing great here at Bigmans.

Where everyone knows your name...

DRen72
03-02-08, 08:43 PM
Where everyone knows your name...

http://www.cheers-becker.de/c_norm_04.JPG

crainger
03-02-08, 10:05 PM
::rofl:

K007
03-03-08, 02:55 AM

It still has issues...for a gamer i rather wait for solid fixes...Not dissing the O/S. Just that i do play mostly games on my machine and would not have to keep changing between O/S/Drivers to play game x/y.

Wolfhound
03-03-08, 03:04 AM

Get a girl, will give you more pleasure than Vista

crainger
03-03-08, 04:42 AM

Once again... LIES!!

Loreman
03-03-08, 05:59 AM
Well, I dual boot Win XP and Vista to test gaming performance on my SLI rig periodically, and so far Win XP is a far faster and smoother gaming OS at the moment, especially for SLI performance.

When the gaming performance is even, consider me a VISTA man!

Wolfhound
03-03-08, 06:30 AM
Once again... LIES!!

better get a crainger, he will give you more pleasure than Vista and a girl ;)

HiCZoK4
03-03-08, 10:50 AM
better get a crainger, he will give you more pleasure than Vista and a girl ;)
I want one too !:wimp: :D

conroejoe
03-03-08, 11:07 AM

Welp, he'll never be a Vista man. :)

Drolfrawd
03-03-08, 01:47 PM

Married ten years now, like i said , my new love vista:D

S.SubZero
03-03-08, 02:30 PM
Vista's big. It takes a lot of hard disk space, a lot of RAM, and appreciates higher-end hardware. It's not even a matter of having the hardware, all of my PCs are well beyond what Vista needs to run well.

"Vista caches your apps, and learns over time, and loads things FASTER!"
This is fine and dandy, except under XP64 my apps load nearly instantaneously since I have a fast system. XP64 isn't "caching my apps and learning over time" but still runs super fast, while taking 1/3 the RAM and 1/3 the hard disk space.

I also don't like Vista's interface. Aero is cute and all, but it doesn't really do anything for me. It just makes window borders a little bigger, and result in me not being able to make a window quite as big as I could before. Even in the "classic" mode they screw with the UI for folders, making them take way too much space. I want a box, with folders in it, and a status bar. I don't need preview panes and groups and all kinds of useless crap space taken for nothing.

I tried Vista x64 for several months but went back to XP64. It's simply a more efficient, tighter OS that gives me the performance and power I need without being overly flashy and resource-hogging.

Drolfrawd
03-03-08, 02:36 PM
Well, I dual boot Win XP and Vista to test gaming performance on my SLI rig periodically, and so far Win XP is a far faster and smoother gaming OS at the moment, especially for SLI performance.

You will be welcomed my son:D

Drolfrawd
03-03-08, 02:42 PM
Vista's big. It takes a lot of hard disk space, a lot of RAM, and appreciates higher-end hardware. It's not even a matter of having the hardware, all of my PCs are well beyond what Vista needs to run well.

"Vista caches your apps, and learns over time, and loads things FASTER!"
This is fine and dandy, except under XP64 my apps load nearly instantaneously since I have a fast system. XP64 isn't "caching my apps and learning over time" but still runs super fast, while taking 1/3 the RAM and 1/3 the hard disk space.

I also don't like Vista's interface. Aero is cute and all, but it doesn't really do anything for me. It just makes window borders a little bigger, and result in me not being able to make a window quite as big as I could before. Even in the "classic" mode they screw with the UI for folders, making them take way too much space. I want a box, with folders in it, and a status bar. I don't need preview panes and groups and all kinds of useless crap space taken for nothing.

I tried Vista x64 for several months but went back to XP64. It's simply a more efficient, tighter OS that gives me the performance and power I need without being overly flashy and resource-hogging.

Not sure what you mean , by folders using way too much sspace, simply adjust your view of the world. I had loads of issues with this op, but it is good now at least as good as XP. The kernel is way more secure than xp,
and by this time next year , we will be looking at xp , as we once looked on windows 2000, You need to grow man, living in teh past is as sure sign senility

stncttr908
03-03-08, 02:51 PM
I agree with S.SubZero. When Vista stops using twice as much RAM as XP (or provides some benefit in doing so) I'll be glad to use it as my every day OS.