PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Dominator Airflow RMA

Zapablast05
03-03-08, 09:09 PM
I never RMA'd something without the original invoice. Since I just have a $20 paperweight with fans, I'm deciding to RMA it, but I can't find the original package invoice. Will newegg still accept the package?

jcrox
03-03-08, 10:15 PM
your fan thingy broke?

DRen72
03-03-08, 10:40 PM
Yeah, what happened to the fan?

Zapablast05
03-03-08, 11:00 PM
it's been broken for like the past 3 months or so. I just got tired of hearing that annoying screeching every time I booted up. It's annoying and embarrassing.

I don't know how it happened. It was back in like...September. I barely had it and then a month or so later, it started acting a bitch. I took it out about 2 months ago because it was annoying. I just took it apart right now, put it in it's packaging and it's ready to go. But I can't find the invoice anywhere at all, so I'm wondering if newegg will still accept it.

jcrox
03-03-08, 11:48 PM
it's been broken for like the past 3 months or so. I just got tired of hearing that annoying screeching every time I booted up. It's annoying and embarrassing.

I don't know how it happened. It was back in like...September. I barely had it and then a month or so later, it started acting a bitch. I took it out about 2 months ago because it was annoying. I just took it apart right now, put it in it's packaging and it's ready to go. But I can't find the invoice anywhere at all, so I'm wondering if newegg will still accept it.

If my fan thingy ever broke, I'd be super embarrassed :thumbdwn:

mullet
03-03-08, 11:57 PM
If my fan thingy ever broke, I'd be super embarrassed :thumbdwn:

:rofl

stncttr908
03-04-08, 08:58 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835704001

Comes with the standard 1-year Newegg replacement. Call them up and find out what you can do about the invoice. I'm going to get into the habit of scanning them all when they arrive. :)

DRen72
03-04-08, 12:44 PM

Oh that. Well I know what you are talking about but I also know how to fix them. My Dominator fans did the same thing but I removed them and added a tiny amount of lubricant to the fan motor shafts (hidden behind a small rubber insert on the top of each fan) and reinserted the rubber insert and the problem is solved. I used Slick 50 spray myself but only a single drop placed on a tooth pick. Seriously, it killed the noise the fans where making and that was several months ago.

Zapablast05
03-04-08, 04:43 PM
Oh that. Well I know what you are talking about but I also know how to fix them. My Dominator fans did the same thing but I removed them and added a tiny amount of lubricant to the fan motor shafts (hidden behind a small rubber insert on the top of each fan) and reinserted the rubber insert and the problem is solved. I used Slick 50 spray myself but only a single drop placed on a tooth pick. Seriously, it killed the noise the fans where making and that was several months ago.

Hmm, I should try that. I have bike lube, that's just about it, haha.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-04-08, 06:01 PM
uh... why don't you log in to your newegg account and print it out from your order history :confused:

hokeyplyr48
03-04-08, 06:17 PM
uh... why don't you log in to your newegg account and print it out from your order history :confused:

lol i was scrolling down and waiting for someone to say this. it took way too long for someone to say "print a new one"

man online retailers these days...can't believe they'd store a copy on there server...seems somewhat smart