http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93724
can't wait for this game.

SLippe
03-04-08, 03:58 AM
*waits to see some screenshots, videos, etc.*

(popcorn)

Lfctony
03-04-08, 04:05 AM
Don't call me a heretic, but I somehow missed Starcraft 1. When I found out about it, it was too late for me, as I hate going back to older games, except a couple of favourites. But seeing as it was one of the greatest games ever, this is a must on my list.

Badboy_12345
03-04-08, 04:43 AM
Every time blizzard releases a game its automatically the best game ever ;)

just look at WoW.. their first attempt at the mmorpg market and it took over the world.

Blizzard cant fail

I just buy their games without even looking at reviews or anything because you know it will be the best.

K007
03-04-08, 05:37 AM
Blizzard knows how to make games...unlike those creators of UT3..and that mark guy...

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 06:31 AM
starcraft still is the best RTS, still play it from time to time

Ninjaman09
03-04-08, 08:14 AM

(popcorn)
www.starcraft2.com can satisfy your demands!

Yeah I'm pretty excited about this. Once they revealed that they were working on it I knew the game that would finally break my WoW addiction was coming. Well...we'll see anyway. :p

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 08:22 AM

(popcorn)

screenshots and videos been out for a while

JigenD
03-04-08, 10:26 AM
I guarantee there's going to be millions of Starcraft 1 fanboys saying the game is **** soon after it comes out.

Personally I didn't like Starcraft 1 at all. I bought the game right near when it came out. I didn't like the character design (reminded me of Rare's N64 work, ala Blast Corps). I didn't really dig the gameplay (Myth 1 is still my fav RTS). I especially didn't like the 2d graphics (call me a graphics *****).

rflair
03-04-08, 04:36 PM
..........Personally I didn't like Starcraft 1 at all............ (Myth 1 is still my fav RTS). I especially didn't like the 2d graphics (call me a graphics *****).

Haven't posted in awhile, but Myth 1 was no RTS, graphics aside it was pure garbage.

Starcraft was a great game, personally though the first few C&C games were more fun then Starcraft.

JigenD
03-04-08, 04:42 PM
Haven't posted in awhile, but Myth 1 was no RTS, graphics aside it was pure garbage.

Starcraft was a great game, personally though the first few C&C games were more fun then Starcraft.

Myth 1 wasn't a RTS? You're not thinking of Myst right?

Myth WAS a RTS, one of the best ever, and certainly my favorite.

OldOfEvil
03-04-08, 05:40 PM

Huh? Myth was an awesome RTS, and even had a good story to go along with it.

JigenD
03-04-08, 05:40 PM
Huh? Myth was an awesome RTS, and even had a good story to go along with it.

I do think he was thinking of Myst, only way I can see someone making that mistake.

LycosV
03-04-08, 05:45 PM
I especially didn't like the 2d graphics (call me a graphics *****).

2D graphics were the norm for RTS games back then. Only Total Annihilation had 3D graphics and even then the ground was 2D.

Bearclaw
03-04-08, 05:45 PM
starcraft still is the best RTS, still play it from time to time
I have LAN parties all the time with my friends and we play it. We go all night long.

JigenD
03-04-08, 05:47 PM
2D graphics were the norm for RTS games back then. Only Total Annihilation had 3D graphics and even then the ground was 2D.

Myth had 2d sprites on 3d backgrounds, but Starcraft felt like it could have done a lot more for the time (to me). I mean, Myth came out about a half a year earlier.

rflair
03-04-08, 05:58 PM
LOL your all right!!!!!! I was thinking Myst, :thumbdwn: .

Sorry.

JigenD
03-04-08, 05:59 PM
LOL your all right!!!!!! I was thinking Myst, :thumbdwn: .

Sorry.

It's a pretty common mistake based on just the names, no harm done.

LycosV
03-04-08, 09:00 PM
Myth had 2d sprites on 3d backgrounds, but Starcraft felt like it could have done a lot more for the time (to me). I mean, Myth came out about a half a year earlier.

If I remember correctly Myth had some pretty high system requirements, for the time anyway. I think it ran like crap on my system. Then again, so did Total Annihilation :).

JigenD
03-04-08, 09:59 PM
If I remember correctly Myth had some pretty high system requirements, for the time anyway. I think it ran like crap on my system. Then again, so did Total Annihilation :).

I can't remember for sure, but I think my computer when I first tried the Myth demo was pretty bad. Pentium 75MHz, but I had a Pure3d Voodoo1. I think it ran OK.

arioch21
03-05-08, 12:39 AM
sc1 was one of the best rts for me, the lan games were just awesome when this came out, its crazy to think this became a "sport" in korea, I cant wait for sc2, blizz already has my pre-order money on it ;p

methimpikehoses
03-05-08, 01:15 AM
Mythy has a 3" merwang. FTL. :(

Buio
03-05-08, 07:54 AM
Myth was amazing. Love blowing up with bodyparts flying and blood all over.

With SC2, Blizzard will create a new RTS hit of course. But it wont take any risks, it will be classical gameplay. But Blizzard do this well, they don't innovate, they just make good games.

Also the graphic requirements will be pretty low for SC2, they want all to be able to play it. One thing that I think lacks in the videos is that units that are killed blow up in spectacular fashion and leave debris/parts that look cool. But then they dissapear into the ground just a few seconds later leaving no trace of an epic battle. It just looks to clean again afterwards.

Ninjaman09
03-05-08, 08:20 AM
With SC2, Blizzard will create a new RTS hit of course. But it wont take any risks, it will be classical gameplay. But Blizzard do this well, they don't innovate, they just make good games.
I don't really get why people say this. Very little has been revealed about the gameplay of SC2 other than that they are trying to maintain the delicate balance between the three races. Also how can you sit there and say Blizzard is not innovative? WC3 and WoW were breaths of fresh air for their respective genres, and the original SC and WC2 were hardly slouches either.

Vasot02
03-05-08, 08:32 AM
The Graphics are a disappointment :thumbdwn:
From the videos it looks like Warcraft 3 on steroids :thumbdwn:

Can't Blizzard create a graphic engine that provides more realistic graphics