PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Games for Windows - Live

Pages : [1] 2

omzig
03-04-08, 12:54 PM
Just say this over at NGOHQ.com

http://boycott-live.com/

Its rasies some good points about live and just how ****ty the service really is
for PC gamers...

Most of the games(and Dev's)on there list are on my own "to avoid" list as it is & while i apllaude M$ for setting some standards for GFW titles(Ws support out of the box) i cant stand having that live **** anywhere near my PC and never again will i be forced to install it,Once was enought of a ball ache with it as part of GOW...

So what do you guys think Live for PC good or bad....?

WeReWoLf
03-04-08, 12:56 PM
It was a good concept, just poorly planned and executed.

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 01:09 PM
see my sig ;)

sytaylor
03-04-08, 01:12 PM
The easiest way to boycott it, is to support steam I guess. Buy your games there, and don't be a dirty pirate.

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 01:16 PM
e-mailing developers, publishers is also good. one or two e-mails won't help. but if the volume is big, it will work.

Q
03-04-08, 01:16 PM
Games for Windows was COMPLETE **** until the beginning of this year when they finally patched the CONSTANT CRASHING IN ALL GFW GAMES. You know, its awesome owning 3-4 different GFW games and not being able to play them for half a ****ing year.

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 01:35 PM
When they announced Games for Windows they only mentioned uniform box design, widescreen requirements, common controller (like we really needed a crappy 360 controller with loose thumbsticks), better marketing, dispalys at stores, etc..

Live was sneaked in later

Ninjaman09
03-04-08, 01:37 PM
Live always made me laugh. "Here PC gamers, pay us for what you can already do for free!" What idiot thought up that scheme?

jcrox
03-04-08, 01:44 PM
there are people that actually use this?

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 01:45 PM
there are people that actually use this?

its being force onto people by few games already.

Badboy_12345
03-04-08, 01:50 PM
Idiot: "Games for windows LIVE SUCKS. I dont know **** about the service but it sucks. I am going to make a website about how much it sucks and put up **** that isnt true because I am a stupid idiot that just learned how to make a website"

:rolleyes:

Live is a similer service as steam.. if you hate live then you hate steam.
It doesnt cost to play online. I dont know who made that crap up?

Q
03-04-08, 01:53 PM
Idiot: "Games for windows LIVE SUCKS. I dont know **** about the service but it sucks. I am going to make a website about how much it sucks and put up **** that isnt true because I am a stupid idiot that just learned how to make a website"

I guess you didn't have the 6-12 months of CONSTANT CRASHING that Live caused for a large number of users.

ClosetFanBoy
03-04-08, 02:03 PM
I dont really have any problems with it myself. It's not like it's asking me for my credit card number. Now that would be an interesting way to activate a game. :p Or maybe actual purchase receipts that have to be authenticated online. Haha ok never mind. Beating the dead horse.

I dont recall Steam being widely excepted when it came out and personally I'm just starting to warm up to it. Maybe in all due time people will think Live! is the bomb who knows.

Noriega
03-04-08, 02:12 PM
MS should end with the LIVE PC or make it free.

Badboy_12345
03-04-08, 02:20 PM
I guess you didn't have the 6-12 months of CONSTANT CRASHING that Live caused for a large number of users.

yes I had problems.. but so did I with steam when it launched.
Does anyone of you remember how much steam sucked the first year?

Give them some time to fix things

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 02:27 PM

OK, answer me this

can you buy games on gfw live?
can you play games without a disc with gfw live?
can you download your games from any location with gfw live?
can you access gfw live outside of a game?
have it just running on the desktop so you can stay in contact with friends?
does steam cost anything to play on premium servers?

only thing that gfw live provide is free basic multiplayer, pay for premium multiplayer, and very basic friend system compared to steam.

omzig
03-04-08, 02:47 PM
Does Live have any real redeming features for a dev to choose it over say Steam?

The only reason i could see any dev using Live PC is if there a first party M$ dev or if M$ throws a lot of money at them(i talking to you here Epic)Or if they dont like what Valve charges to host your titles on steam....

It seems that M$'s attempt at unifying PC gaming may infact cause more harm than good as Live just seems like any tipical M$ relase...Get it out no matter how buggy it is and keep ppl hanging around for months for a fix in all just another failing attempt to sell a failing OS.....

As i said i dont buy a lot of titles from the dev's on there list anyhow due to there buggy releases and/or ****ty support so atm Live doesnt really do me any harm but it would be a show stopper if it was part of a major title i really wanted

NarcissistZero
03-04-08, 09:32 PM
I like the GFW branding... a uniform look for PC games could be a good thing, and the widescreen/controller requirements are nice.

Live is completely retarded, as everyone and their mother knows. I still by Live games, but I do not support the Live service itself... well, I kind of do because I bought a year for my 360, but I will not renew.

nekrosoft13
03-04-08, 09:39 PM
controller requirements are not bad for some games, but the controller itself is horrible.

I tried at least 20 different 360 controllers, every single one has loose thumbsticks, why can't they do a decent job.

LordJuanlo
03-05-08, 01:36 AM
I got tons of problems with it when Gears of War was launched, but after the GFWL 1.2 patch, all issues were gone. However I'm against this platform until it's free. I got a 30 day Gold trial with Gears of War and I have never used it because I don't support Gold.

Anyway Microsoft is considering (http://pc.ign.com/articles/854/854119p1.html) free Gold for the PC, and a huge interface overhaul, giving the possibility (as in the 360) to connect to Live out of games. I guess a future version of Windows Messenger could have Live integrated.

XxDeadlyxX
03-05-08, 01:58 AM
That's how we first saw it at E3 2006... the dashboard was part of Vista, but instead we got a half-arsed implementation where the game itself has to have the GFWLive interface.

K-1
03-05-08, 05:24 AM
What I found completely ridiculous about GFWL was that you have to have a Gold account in order to accept or issue an invite to a game. In order to play with friends you have to hope that everyone can find the same server by searching manually (and more often than not there's someone who can't). Just plain stupid.

nutcrackr
03-05-08, 05:52 AM
I don't think GFW Live is that bad, it offers free PC to PC mp and thats why most other pc games do.

Steam is far superior of course, and GFW live has plenty of room to improve.

looks like most publishers have dumped the idea though, don't see hardly any upcoming games with GFW LIve

crainger
03-05-08, 05:58 AM
Yes, GFW is all fun and games until they find a way to use it to advertise their latest and greatest 360 wares.

nekrosoft13
03-05-08, 06:35 AM
Yes, GFW is all fun and games until they find a way to use it to advertise their latest and greatest 360 wares.

they are just waiting for this GFWL thing to get more popular (thank god is not going well so far)