PDA

View Full Version : 8800GTX high pitched buzz/hiss

Shocky
03-05-08, 12:16 PM
Yes I know it's fairly common with the 8800 series but I've just swapped motherboard and PSU and it's much more noticable now in every game, I can even hear in on desktop, eariler the pitch was so high I seriously thought something was about to give. :wtf:

Now using a Asus P5K Premium with Tagan TG-700-U33, was using gigabyte 965p-ds4 with Antec TP 2.0 550W, previously I only noticed a slight hiss in the crysis menu and that was it, it's really irritating now. :(

Shocky
03-05-08, 01:06 PM
Posted support ticket with XFX and posted on Tagans forum regarding the issue, want to see what they make of it.

Eliminator
03-05-08, 01:34 PM
could be from the heat... what are your temps like?

HiCZoK4
03-05-08, 01:41 PM
I had the frickin-mad-driving hissssing\buzzzzzing sound coming from my x1600pro 512mb. I couldnt stand it and sold it. But it doesnt seems to affect the card becouse it still works(sold it to my friend:D )

For me It was loudest when selecting group of icons in xp

Shocky
03-05-08, 01:44 PM
could be from the heat... what are your temps like?

Fairly normal, idles around 55C loads around 75-80C. (stock cooler)

I had the frickin-mad-driving hissssing\buzzzzzing sound coming from my x1600pro 512mb. I couldnt stand it and sold it. But it doesnt seems to affect the card becouse it still works(sold it to my friend:D )

For me It was loudest when selecting group of icons in xp

Yeah, one is going to have to go, i'll try with another PSU just to confirm it's just the tagan and then either the 8800GTX is getting replaced or the Tagan goes back for a refund.

Amuro
03-05-08, 09:30 PM
8800 GTX has a onboard warning speaker which generates a high-pitched shrill when the leftmost power connecter is not connected.

Shocky
03-06-08, 06:17 AM
8800 GTX has a onboard warning speaker which generates a high-pitched shrill when the leftmost power connecter is not connected.

The power connecters are connected and games are running fine, are you being serious?

Shocky
03-06-08, 07:29 AM
Interesting, Scan made no attempt to troubleshoot, they just issued an RMA right away, oh well looks i'll be uisng my old 7800GTX for a week or two. :(

Amuro
03-06-08, 07:40 AM
The power connecters are connected and games are running fine, are you being serious?
Yes, it happened to me a year ago when I forgot to plug in one of the connectors. There's a speaker somewhere on the card.

Shocky
03-06-08, 07:46 AM
Yes, it happened to me a year ago when I forgot to plug in one of the connectors. There's a speaker somewhere on the card.

Well both power cables are connected and games work perfectly so that is not the issue i'm having here.