PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea?

RaidenWoW
03-05-08, 06:54 PM
I was just wondering... if you had your own graphics card (such as an evga one) and you wanted to replace the thermal paste on the heatsink with AS5, would that void your warranty? If not would it make a difference in the cooling?

I'm just brainstorming... Oh I got my 360 warranty sticker off without damaging it! :) Just thought I'd tell you all that.

Uberpwnage
03-05-08, 07:10 PM
I think EVGA warrants the removal of the cooler and thermal paste, and yes it should make a small difference in your temps. Have to check with jAkUp on the thermal paste to make sure though.

RaidenWoW
03-05-08, 07:16 PM
I think EVGA warrants the removal of the cooler and thermal paste, and yes it should make a small difference in your temps. Have to check with jAkUp on the thermal paste to make sure though.

Because from my experience, factories just slap on the grease and forget about it. (xbox 360s).

amk21
03-05-08, 08:24 PM
I was thinks about doing the same thing with my gts(g92), so I called EVGA up and they said as long as I don't case any physical damage to the board, my warranty is still valid. So you are good to go:thumbsup:

RaidenWoW
03-05-08, 08:27 PM
I was thinks about doing the same thing with my gts(g92), so I called EVGA up and they said as long as I don't case any physical damage to the board, my warranty is still valid. So you are good to go:thumbsup:

Yay! I'll do that to my new G92 when it gets here 2 days from now. :nana:

Reason I asked is because I want to do their step-up program to a 9800GX2 or GTX when it comes out.

amk21
03-05-08, 08:33 PM
Yay! I'll do that to my new G92 when it gets here 2 days from now. :nana:

Reason I asked is because I want to do their step-up program to a 9800GX2 or GTX when it comes out.
GX2 is offically being launched on the 18, so i'll be stepping-up to that. I got lucky this time, my stepup expires on the 23.

RaidenWoW
03-05-08, 08:50 PM
GX2 is offically being launched on the 18, so i'll be stepping-up to that. I got lucky this time, my stepup expires on the 23.

Wow. Very lucky!