PDA

View Full Version : Activision Considering 'Call of Duty' MMO

SH64
03-06-08, 05:01 AM
CoD MMO :cool:

Wait , WHAT!! :wtf:

At the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference earlier today, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick revealed that a Call of Duty MMO is under consideration. The current market has quite a few MMOs, but, as with the recent Star Trek Online/Perpetual fiasco has shown, even more get canceled, which is why Kotick believes the soon-to-be completed Activision Blizzard merger would put the company be in a good position to make it happen, drawing from the WoW user base, as well as the expertise of Blizzard.
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=50231

Note : Delete if old news.

NaitoSan
03-06-08, 03:04 PM
it could be good idea, i'm just wondering how it'll be done. if it's done by infinity ward... then i'm all for it.

ClosetFanBoy
03-06-08, 03:27 PM
it could be good idea, i'm just wondering how it'll be done. if it's done by infinity ward... then i'm all for it.

Yea buddy. IW are grade A material.

|MaguS|
03-06-08, 03:32 PM
I would like to see World War II Online done right... would be amazing!

Armed_Baboon
03-06-08, 05:31 PM
WOuld be pretty cool. 10K foot soldiers in a gigantic persistant war. totally cool. IW could do it right.

I was just thinking the other day, I've probably derived over 200 hours of enjoyment from IW games...

jeffmd
03-07-08, 04:12 AM
its allready been done, its called planetside. ^^ And while having a number of issues all through its life span, I found the game to be a total blast to play. Frankly if these guys had upgraded the engine, or done a planetsides 2.. it would totaly be awsome.

if COD tried to do the same, it needs to be a some what futuristic one. Team based shooters need lots of variety to class customizations. Different vehicle types, different air support types, and many types of weapons. WW1 and 2 were just the opposit of all that... everyone had the same guns, vehicals were made the same, tanks were made the same. Even today, while we have many vehical types, its only because we dont throw them away. You show me a vehicle and I can probably name its successor, unless its already the best in its class.

Creativity is needed.

ASUSEN7900GTX
03-07-08, 04:33 AM
why why does all good games be butchered to MMO like WarCraft sure a huge sucess but i hate that no more single player warcraf is made then diablo has been rumored and now COD

what is it with mmo i never did get it and i won´t try it eithrer pay to play a game you already bought what´s up with that

no no leave COD alone damn it and Diablo

3DBrad
03-07-08, 12:01 PM
COD MMO would be retarded.