PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4 MP

Technoholic
03-07-08, 12:17 AM
DYING ONLY FROM GRENADES PISSES ME OFF

Does anyone know a server that does NOT allow grenades?

Without grenades, the game would be SO much fun, seriously.

six_storm
03-07-08, 12:36 AM
Are you talking about "Matyrdom"? That is hilarious!

Technoholic
03-07-08, 12:39 AM
Are you talking about "Matyrdom"? That is hilarious!
No.

DoubleDeuce
03-07-08, 01:43 PM
Techno, haven't seen a server like that but it would be nice to either have them disabled or some kind of mod. The grenades do get annoying esp. in certain maps.

Technoholic
03-07-08, 01:59 PM
I'm fine with matyrdom, but throwing nades all over is just immature.

ClosetFanBoy
03-07-08, 03:11 PM
I took a break for like a month from the game. Until 2 days ago. And I gotta say there seems to be a new fad, the big assed machine guns and the 3 nade perk. 15 nades landing at a choke point and the spray and pray tactic with those endless ammo'd beasts. Granted I was getting owned, but man, couldnt even freaking move. This seems the style on TDM/S&D the most tho.

The servers that really mix up the gameplay types from map to map seem more breathable. People seem to play a bit differently when objectives are involved.

But I'm with ya. It is frustrating when all you hear is "cling cling cling cling cling" x10 for an entire round.

Blade
03-07-08, 04:00 PM
Grenades are a feature of most fps's, just play in bigger maps with less cqb.

RaidenWoW
03-07-08, 04:20 PM
I'm fine with matyrdom, but throwing nades all over is just immature.

Lol@shipment map.

Technoholic
03-07-08, 05:00 PM
I'm totally fine with shipment map, LOL...It's a way to statspadding. :p

Section-9
03-07-08, 06:43 PM
DYING ONLY FROM GRENADES PISSES ME OFF

Does anyone know a server that does NOT allow grenades?

Without grenades, the game would be SO much fun, seriously.

That's was the turning point for me, CoD 4 is just a HUGE spam-a-thon!

I am so done w/ that game, pfffffttttt CoD 4 BOO ! (nana2)

ATOJAR
03-07-08, 07:11 PM
Matyrdom is as lame as they come! .. i mean the last last stand perk is believable but the matyrdom pfttt, the Matyrdom perk is banned from our server and so is nade spamming! ... apart from those two the game is great.

Technoholic
03-07-08, 08:33 PM
Matyrdom is as lame as they come! .. i mean the last last stand perk is believable but the matyrdom pfttt, the Matyrdom perk is banned from our server and so is nade spamming! ... apart from those two the game is great.
WHERE!!!!!!!! WHERE'S THAT SERVER!!?!

Logical
03-07-08, 09:12 PM
When you have PAM installed on your server you can disable all nades if you wish....most competitive leagues have the lame perk 'martyrdom' disabled along with nade x3.

Public servers with over 50 people on the server can get very hectic at times...if you wish to play on public servers withoout it being a 'nade spam-a-thon' then stick to the servers with less people in.

CoD4 GOTY 2007 :)

3DBrad
03-07-08, 09:38 PM
I guess ya'll never played Harbor on the first Call of Duty.

Grenade spam quite often across the main way. :)

Mr_LoL
03-08-08, 03:33 AM
I guess ya'll never played Harbor on the first Call of Duty.

Grenade spam quite often across the main way. :)
I just finished a game of that now. Good fun.

Gaco
03-13-08, 06:11 AM
Martyrdom is fine IMO, but mindlessly spamming grenades long range is just SO f'ing lame.. requires NO skill whatsoever and since you can trip the grenades it is impossible to foresee or dodge.

Monolyth
03-13-08, 11:06 AM
Yeah nade spam contributes to about 75% of my death's in CoD4...I really don't get shot that often. Shipment is a map I avoid like the plague, totally worthless, even the fy_ maps in 1.6 were better.

CoD4 is a great MP game, but I've been looking at heading back to the good ole CS:S & maybe trying my hand @ TF2 (I have it just never played it lol). Though I wasn't a huge fan of original TF.