PDA

View Full Version : Case question for SLI

RoachMojo
03-07-08, 03:52 PM
Hey guys. I've been searching all over but can't find a definitive answer.

After waiting for nearly 5 years, I can finally upgrade to current hardware (yay!)

I have pretty much everything speced out, but I was hoping to save money on a case by re-using my Coolermaster ATC-210, but I can't seem to find if it is SLI capable. I did find one thread here that mentions the same case, but I'm still not sure. Probably a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask anyway to see if anyone else had the same case and whether or not it is SLI ready.

Thanks for your time.

Roach

breathemetal
03-07-08, 03:59 PM
thats kind of a old case (and pretty ugly too. im not knocking your taste, just stating mine lol)

if u dont want to spend much go for a Antec 900 or a Coolermaster RC 690 (i have it and its great)

RoachMojo
03-07-08, 10:49 PM
thats kind of a old case (and pretty ugly too. im not knocking your taste, just stating mine lol)

if u dont want to spend much go for a Antec 900 or a Coolermaster RC 690 (i have it and its great)

Yeah, but that's $100 that I don't want to spend. :o

EDIT: I see from another thread that my case will work with an 8800GTX, so I'm fine. In one week, I will have the following built:

Q6600 on an Nforce 780i with 4GB OCZ 1066
MSI 8800GT OC 512MB

I can't believe I waited almost 5 years to upgrade, but Sins of a Solar Empire runs way faster on the cheap Dell core 2 duo machines we have at work than it does on my once uber machine. :D

Zapablast05
03-07-08, 10:58 PM
Yeah, but that's $100 that I don't want to spend. :o

Welcome to buying a good case :D.

There isn't really an "SLi capable" case, the ones that are "SLi Certified" are the ones that are nice and roomy for an SLi setup. Any case works fine, just get one that isn't so crowded. Try the CoolerMaster Centurion cases.

RoachMojo
03-21-08, 03:20 PM
I got my new system built and man am I happy! Over 16000 in 3dmark06. Still a little overhead to maybe bump the Q6600 up to 3.4 or 3.6.

Crysis performs well in 1280x1024 with the very high hack.

(nana2)