PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX 700


bkswaney
04-29-03, 12:26 AM
I just got a new one and I'm havng a problem.

If I put the rechargable batts in it and put it on the charger it will not do sh!t.
The light does not blink or anything.

But if I put some regular AA batts in the mouse works fine.
Also if I drop it in the charger with the regular AA's the little green light will flash.
But not with the recharables.

Any idea's from u MX 700 owners. :)
Bad Batts that come with it maybe?

vampireuk
04-29-03, 02:55 AM
Probably the batteries, get hold of some more rechargable ones:cool:

LORD-eX-Bu
04-29-03, 04:34 PM
when I got mines the batteries weren't charged so I had to put it in the recharger for about 15 min to use it. Could be that you just aren't seating it right;)

bkswaney
04-29-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu
when I got mines the batteries weren't charged so I had to put it in the recharger for about 15 min to use it. Could be that you just aren't seating it right;)

I know it's seated right. The little green light telling me it's charging will not even come on with the factory batts.

It will with the regular AA's tho. :confused:
It's got the be a bad batt.

Greg
04-29-03, 10:37 PM
I'd be taking that mouse back for replacement if you can't get it behaving correctly with factory batteries. The factory batteries should work and should last 3-5 years.

What ever you do, do NOT put regular batteries in and then put in in the charger. There should be warnings all over the place not to do this.

You can test the mouse with regular batteries or similar recharable batteries, just dont use the base station charger. If the mouse works, you may want to find replacement batteries. Definately visit the Logitech web site for loads of info on replacement batteries etc.

The Baron
04-29-03, 10:58 PM
Yeah, if you try to charge normal batteries in a recharger, you will probably cause a fire.

bkswaney
04-29-03, 11:53 PM
I know guys. I only dopped it in for a second to see if the charge light worked and it does.

|JuiceZ|
05-01-03, 03:29 PM
I agree, I say either bad factory batteries or bad mouse, either way I'd take it back since you just picked it up. When I first got mine, I did what [eNv]-LORD-eX-Bu said earlier and its run fine since.

Greg
05-03-03, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by bkswaney
I know guys. I only dopped it in for a second to see if the charge light worked and it does.

You obviously like living on the edge ;) Just don't take your heatsink off your old Athlon... 35 to 190 degrees in 1 second! Real smoke, no mirrors.