PDA

View Full Version : length!!

fred9000
03-08-08, 07:15 PM
hello every one i buy a 8800gts 512 , it is working great have a a8n32sli motherboard and discover that the card
block 2 sata port , well i manage to use them but with somes
difficulties .
i thought to use the other pcie16x as i can choose wich one
is primery pcie 16x , is there a performance difference between the 2 pcie16x in performance? and is there somebody who have encounter the same problem and how you manage this ?

sorry for my not so good english , it is not my native language ..

Toss3
03-08-08, 07:23 PM
LoL When I read the title I thought to myself "Not one of Mythy's theads once again..."

To the OP: I do think that you have to use the uppermost pci-e if you only have one card. Says so in the manual at least, but you could always try if it makes a difference.
I bet you won't even get a picture without a card in the first pci-e slot...

xmichaeluk
03-09-08, 04:12 AM
You see, the difference is that if you use the secondary(lower) PCI-E slot there is a big chance of only getting x8 of bandwith. I had the same problem, however I prefer to lose two SATA slots and keep the bandwith at x16

The only solution is to buy a pci sata controller.

XDanger
03-09-08, 02:01 PM
the card
block 2 sata port
are you using right angle sata leads?

Dr.Nick
03-09-08, 02:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken that board offers two true 16x pcie slots so there shouldn't be any performance hit. I feel your pain on the sata connectors though. My Asus P5K suffered from the same problem and even with right angle cables, two ports were lost.

Lenin
03-09-08, 06:15 PM
As Asus says it's "True Dual X16", there shouldn't be any problems using the lower slot.

fred9000
03-10-08, 09:41 PM
thanks for all answer guys!!