PDA

View Full Version : tf2 crash

killahsin
03-08-08, 09:14 PM
anyone having tf2 crashes where the audio loops? Do you know if this is a nv driver issue or?

Bearclaw
03-08-08, 10:44 PM
Couldn't say, haven't had that issue. I am, however, having some serious issues with servers showing up. About a week ago they stopped showing up and when they do it is only 4 or 5 at a time.

evox
03-09-08, 04:05 AM
Hmm, working fine here (no audio loops) ....anything particular about the crashes? the only time TF2 ever crashes (for me) is when I alt-tab out to get fraps and then it won't let me back in the game (hangs) so I end up CAD-ing it. I am using older drivers (169.28) thought. btw, audio sometimes loops when there's a major lag spike, could that be your prob?

bob saget
03-09-08, 04:45 AM
i have had audio loops, but it usually stops once everything loads i believe. For example, when i start up game, and the little valve intro passes, the first note of the menu-song might loop several times (while there is a black screen), but then (i am guessing once evrything loads), it stops, and i can continue (menu screen appears).
Maybe try other drivers?

killahsin
03-09-08, 07:46 AM
nah this randomly happens to me in tf2 only. The audio will loop crash and the monitor/video will reset.it happens at random times. and its noit a cooling airflow problem. not my psu its a 1k watt psu.

evox
03-09-08, 09:05 AM
nah this randomly happens to me in tf2 only. The audio will loop crash and the monitor/video will reset.it happens at random times. and its noit a cooling airflow problem. not my psu its a 1k watt psu.
Try updating the drivers.

bob saget
03-09-08, 04:35 PM
Try updating the drivers.
thats what i would try. Try random other ones. And you got your DX9 all updated?

killahsin
03-09-08, 09:27 PM
yep dx 9 is all u[pdated its odd its a random crash i tried switching to the 174.20 ones fromt he 174.16 ones so heres to hoping that worked i also set audio acceleration down one below maximum

bob saget
03-10-08, 01:34 AM
try using the really old 163.69. Thats what i am using. Everything has been really steady for me :)

CMav
04-16-08, 05:08 PM
i have had audio loops, but it usually stops once everything loads i believe. For example, when i start up game, and the little valve intro passes, the first note of the menu-song might loop several times (while there is a black screen), but then (i am guessing once evrything loads), it stops, and i can continue (menu screen appears).
Maybe try other drivers?

This happens to me every time I start up the game, except I don't get a blank screen. I just got it and have yet to play it. I try to click on "options" but the game is lagging so much behind that it takes about 10 seconds for the game to register the mouse-click. Does the exact same thing when I try to play Portal.

bacon12
04-16-08, 06:14 PM
It usually happens on Vista, but if I ctrl+alt+delete and start the task manager it will bring my to my desk top, and once I bring the game back up to forefront it is fine.